X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help to identify guitar

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure it's a Charvel Model 4.

edit: Ok, I don't know jack shit about Models.
    Last edited by DonP; 03-19-2008, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Model 4's had three on/off toggles for the pickups. Looks like a Model 3.

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=13
      Last edited by Alvin_Wilson; 03-19-2008, 11:46 AM.
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Can't be either... looks like it has a recessed JT580 trem. Not even sure it's a model era neck; you should be able to see the holes from the older Kahler lock nut, and that neck looks like it was originally intended for a Floyd nut.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          Can't be either... looks like it has a recessed JT580 trem. Not even sure it's a model era neck; you should be able to see the holes from the older Kahler lock nut, and that neck looks like it was originally intended for a Floyd nut.
          Could the body be from a DK2? Notice how the body edges seem more squared off as opposed to the Charvel's more rounded edges. Looks like a Model neck to me.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
            Could the body be from a DK2? Notice how the body edges seem more squared off as opposed to the Charvel's more rounded edges. Looks like a Model neck to me.
            Possible. I was kind of thinking it may be a Jackson body. They never came with Jackson pickups or the standard JT580 (non lo pro) though, and the JT580 would not fit in the JT580 lo pro route without some mods. And finally, they are 24 fretters.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Possible. I was kind of thinking it may be a Jackson body. They never came with Jackson pickups or the standard JT580 (non lo pro) though, and the JT580 would not fit in the JT580 lo pro route without some mods. And finally, they are 24 fretters.
              Hey JacksonRR...does the guitar intonate? Can you give us more pics of the nut area, the rear of the guitar, and the trem?

Comment

Model 3 with a trem replacement?
                Scott

Comment

This has a Dinky body, so it's not a Model 3.
                  Looks like an early 90's Japanese market Charvel DK.
                  -Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X