Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guitar day!! (Yeah, another new guitar for me!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I finally got the last remaining parts that I needed yesterday, so I managed to assemble it they way I wanted it and it came out great!

When I got it, it was in really poor condition..no pickups, cheap takeuchi trem, dry fretboard, some rusted frets (no playwear though!) and, what I saw for the first time, really ugly and dirty binding!

Here's a couple of pics:

I'm not sure if you can see how dirty the binding was in those pics. I then took a scalpel and carefully scraped all the binding that is flat with fretboard, here's a picture (my camera sucks at closeups and this is the best shot I could get):

Difference is day and night!

All parts ready!

And here are the results:

I still haven't put the JE1000 boost in there, so far it's only J50BC and J50N, but the guitar rocks without the boost already!!! Only thing it lacks is a bit of more power on palm muted notes, otherwise sounds great with lots of sustain!!! It still needs some more fixing in terms of acton, neck relief and sustain, but I can tell already that my CS RR got a really tough competitor in this one!

Comment

You like gold hardware, it seems... looks very classy!

Do you plan on adding two more of those gold dome knobs?
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

what neck pickup have u put in there now? ur pic had 2 jackson covered ones in it....

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
          You like gold hardware, it seems... looks very classy!

Do you plan on adding two more of those gold dome knobs?
          I'll add another one and I'll remove the other one because I'm putting that gain boost in and will need a hole for a switch .

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
          what neck pickup have u put in there now? ur pic had 2 jackson covered ones in it....
          It is the one in the pic, it's just that I removed the pickup cover so it could fit (ran out of those rings that fit the oversized jackson pickups). I kinda like how it looks now .

Comment

Great job, Man that thing looks hot.

Comment

Nice guitar and what a great gigbag! A pointy gigbag, I love it!
              Need some free thrash? Goto www.NECROTAPH.com

Comment

Working...
              X