Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Imports - Are They Getting Better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Imports - Are They Getting Better?

During the past few years, I've tried several different Jackson DK-2s and come away uniformly unimpressed. But I was at a Guitar Center of all places and snagged a DK-2M off the wall (and I haven't been a fan of maple necks, ever!).

It was set up decently, and played great. Only thing I'd change is adding an OFR. Has anyone else noticed any improvements to the imports recently?

I like the new DK2M that I snagged for under $300. But the neck is fatter than the DK2T's which I dont like. but I think I will get used to it. Build/quality vise, its top-notch.
    Sam

Comment

In my experience, they vary a lot. Even recently, no two import Jacksons I've tried at GC have played or sounded much alike. If you find a really good one, it's certainly worth snagging and upgrading to a real Floyd.

Comment

I feel they went down the toilet after Akai bought them based on what I've played. they didn't play BAD, just unimpressive players with so-so pickups and crappy hardware. I feel they haven't gotten better, as now they have real Duncans and nicer hardware. In terms of playability, I find a lot of them play nice, but there are some (like my DK2T) that seem to rise above the rest. I do believe someone said they still hand shape the necks. Could this be part of the reason for it?

Comment

CharvelRocker, I know what you mean about the DK2T man. I am yet to find any guitar that I love in terms of looks and playability as the DK2T. I go into GC and pick up dozens of guitars and none of them even feel remotely as good as the DK2T. Especially, in trans-black.
          Sam

Comment

I own a 2002 DK-2 and have played the new black hardware Seymour equipped DK-2s, to me they feel better made...
            - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

Working...
            X