Setting a new standard for displaying a PS-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting a new standard for displaying a PS-4

As promised, here's the pics of the minty PS-4 I scored off e-gay for silly money.
    Notice the accessories!

nice neck, or what?
    I hear they were some of the thinnest Jackson ever made.
    OK, so I need new pickups.
    They are a bit stale and one dimensional...
    I'm looking for suggestions.
    I tend to lean towards Seymor Duncan, since I've mostly spent money on those in the past and have been happy for over 20 years... but... tell me what you think.
    Other than that, I would suggest that everyone own at least one PS-4.
    Awesome guitars, these... and can still be had for cheap $

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Nice score

What accessories are you talking about?

As far as pickups go, my favorite bridge PU for neckthrough guitars is the Duncan Custom (TB-5). The JB sounds pretty good on bolt on guitars, too. For the neck PU, I would suggest a Duncan Jazz. I have one in my DK2M and I like it much better than the '59 in my Soloist.

Keep on rockin'
    QR
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

the boobies, of course.
      they make any guitar sound more betterer.

thanks for the pickup suggestions... I've heard lots of good comments about the duncan custom... I may just try it for fun.
      the jazz I know, and figure I'll likey.
      how about a middle that will "play well with the others"
      is there any chance that a pickup like the one in the neck position of my predator would do well?
      I think it's a J200R.
      Might it present some interesting tonal combo-options with those two?
      I get sucked into lots of blues stuff, as well as rock/metal, so the axe has to have more than a couple of voices...
      If ya know what I mean.
      --floydkramer

Comment

Ohh...

I noticed the boobies, of course, but didn't want to comment on them, because I was afraid of offending you in case that it was YOU holding the guitar in the photos

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the J200 is a stacked humbucker, right?

I would probably go with a straight single coil in the middle position, to get some variety in your tone. Unfortunately, I know nothing about single coils...
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

It's a side-by-side humbucker... kinda like a hotrails... sounds just incredible when split.
          The predator has some kind of cool 5-way switch that shows off just how nice they sound... I think they have some series/parallel action going on, and a filter or something in there as well.
          Amazing tone from the stock setup.
          --floydkramer

Comment

you know...i think my ex-drummer's brother has a PS-4...im not sure id have to check. but its really similar to that guitar...missing a few parts (the trem bar and associated hardware to attach it to the trem plate...maybe a locking nut or 3 LOL) but is in pretty good shape. maybe i could snatch it from him for cheap!

sweet guitar though...id personally go Duncan Distortion in the bridge...other than that, i dont know cuz i dont really worry much about other pickups LOL
            My metal band Lucian Scott
            Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
            Available Now!
            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Cool. I had a PS4 neck on a Warrior MG body once, and it was pretty killer!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow!
                Nice looking...

Workshop, too!

Comment

Go with an rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit first then you decide.Jackson pickups sound great when you have a premium electronics set up.The J series pickups all sound great.IMO
                  Incredible nipples BTW.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

that's dudes

ya stray, the dinky I bought from dipivar was upgraded with those pots, and they really let the pickups sound off.

well, I figured it was time to share my other hobbies with my forum brothers

you got a peek at mantown, and spikey's other intrerests

LOL

--floydkramer

Comment

i see nipple.

Comment

Nice accessories!
                        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

accessories make the outfit, do they not?

just attempting to raise the bar, so to speak
                          LOL
                          --floydkramer

Comment

I used to have a PS-4 in Trans Blue. That was my first Jackson. I hated the pickups, but never got around to changing them. I had intentions to do so, but as you can see in the pic, I only pulled them. You are correct about the neck, very thin.

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I'm guessing your workshop is a little cold?

hehe.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                              X