Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fusion Pro? - New member

Hi,
    I am new to the forum, but am yet to formally introduce myself - Apologies.

I am a 33 year old guitar player who has been playing intermittently for the past ten years and out of action for the last few as I have been doing a lot of Electronic stuff with synths and sequencers. I have played since I was 13 years old, various types of music from Anthrax through to Zeppelin through to acoustic Neil Young and am currently in the process of playing Bass for a Jazz fusion band.

I previously owned a Red 1992 'Fusion Pro' from new which I used in various Thrashy type bands back in the 90s, but as the music thing ground to a halt my playing reduced and I reluctantly parted company with it to help fund a deposit on a house.
    Since finding a link to the forum my interest has increased in getting back to playing guitar in a band and my love for Jackson guitars.
    I have been searching for a while to try and find another Fusion and managed to find one on eBay a few weeks ago which is in excellent condition, for $500 complete with original Charvel Hardcase. Which with the current £ to $ exchange rate worked out around £320 inclusive of the $150 shipping - I'm happy with the price, what do you guys think?.
    I believe it to be a Japanese Early 90's Fusion Professional like me previous (but I am sure you guys will be able to inform me if I am correct?) The serial number is: 901204, please can anybody confirm the year of manufacture?

I purchased it from Guitarville in Seattle (great guys), only downside is the toggle switch is deactivated which looks as tough it was done when some Seymours were installed (not sure what they are, I believe the neck and middle may be 'Pearly gates' but not sure of the Bridge - I suppose I will have to remove them to have a look for some information). The original JE-1500 circuitry has been removed so I am on the look out for a replacement (I presume it will work with the Seymour's?).

I would like to say what a great resource the forum has been in helping me decide to get myself another Jackson.

Hey, and welcome to the forum!

I'm no expert on the serialling of early import bolt-ons, so I'd rather not make any guesses on this one. What you can do however, is to take the neck off the guitar and inspect the neck pocket and neck heel for markings. You are likely to find stamped dates there, showing you exactly when the parts (neck and body) were done.

Comment

Welcome to another Brit. Nice looking axe you have there, I thought it sounded expensive until I saw the photos but it does look in great condition. There have been neck thru Charvel Model 6's going for that price over here though. Bottom line though is that you are happy with it that's all that matters. I'm guessing early 90's but I don't think there is a definitive guide for the non USA Jacksons. Where in the UK are you?
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Hi Sunbane,
        Thanks for the info on the neck and body stamping - much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Speiro,
          Yeah Im loving my new guitar, neck is so thin and fast, Seymours sound cool too (gotta take them out to have a look what type they are). I saw a couple of The Model 6's about around the £300-350 mark, but have never played one, so was unsure about maybe getting one (heard all good things about them though) and I had my heart set on a fusion. Im down in Glos, what about yourself?
          Last edited by Magou; 10-14-2007, 01:54 PM.

Comment

First off. Welcome. Secondly, that guitar's maple bod looks just about the best I have even seen. C, great pics.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Magou View Post
              Hi Speiro,
              Yeah Im loving my new guitar, neck is so thin and fast, Seymours sound cool too (gotta take them out to have a look what type they are). I saw a couple of The Model 6's about around the £300-350 mark, but have never played one, so was unsure about maybe getting one (heard all good things about them though) and I had my heart set on a fusion. Im down in Glos, what about yourself?
              I'm in Berks not far from Reading.
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

magou, that is one cool guitar.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Sweet guitar, I like it.

Comment

Cheers Fett, Jaydog and dangerous_dave

I sure love the guitar (forgot how awesome Jacksons are), its been a while since i've spent so much time practicing, its really cool getting back in to playing... I just need to get my technique up to speed so I can do the guitar justice.

Comment

that would be a 1990 model, mine (also trans blue) and a few others who have posted on this board have fusions that start with 90, they then start the serialization with a 1 for 91, 2 for 92,,,, etc
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Thanks for the info on the year of manufacture

Comment

Now that is some quality right there!! - except for the floyd copy. Swap it out (or at least the baseplate) for a schaller or OFR, then you'll seriously be in teh schredd bizness!!
                          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Cheers delt
                            What are the advantages of the mentioned swap? Is it just a build quality issue, with the schaller and original Floyd using better metals? Or will I notice better performance due to design?

Comment

That is made by Schaller though some of the screws may not be hardened steel...

Also the screws that lock the saddle, on an OFR or Gotoh wouldnt fit or intonate well, and limit the pullup range...

You could drop a Schaller FR in there If you really wanted to or the trem was dammaged looks in great condition to me...

Forgot to mention that Guitar looks kick ass....

Comment

Working...
                              X