Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Rich Beast or Jackson KVX10 - Which one is a better buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich Beast or Jackson KVX10 - Which one is a better buy?

Alright....I'm in the market for a new axe. I came across these awesome guitars and I'm having trouble since I haven't owned a jackson before nor a bc rich. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Here are the details....

BC RICH Beast NJ (used $500)
    - few nicks and scratches (nothing major)
    - EMG 81-85 pups installed
    - licensed floyd rose trem

BC RICH Beast Platinum Pro - Tombstone ($525)
    - brand spankin' new
    - stock pups

Jackson KXV10 Trans Red ($550)
    - also brand spankin' new
    - stock pups

action is not an issue since the store I'm buying them from sets up their guitars before it goes out of their door. Among the 3, the used Beast with the EMGs plays awesome. But, the jackson's tone was amazing..... I don't know I'm trying to stay away from buying the used one. Im thinking, if I'm spending this amount of money might as well get a new one..... although I know it's not a lot compared to the high end king v......

Im torn.....what do you guys think?
    Last edited by tebs; 09-26-2007, 05:53 PM.

KVX my Beast was terrible...I had an NJ
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Have you ever tried a KVX?

Comment

B.C Rich are notorious for horrible imports.

I used to have an RX10D, it was all right for the price-nothing special...

Comment

id say go for the jackson. when i had a beast i had to cut the top horn cause that thing left a dent in my chest. it looks cool, but i'd go with the V. dont get me wrong i love bc riches too, but the king V kills!!

Comment

I like my Beast, sounds good, to me anyways.
            But like jdr94 was saying. the thing jabs me all kinds of ways.
            It jabs me when i stand or sit to play.
            Not the most comfortable gutiar. I came up with an idea to mod the body a little. I think it looked ok( in photoshop) but not sure if i will ever do it.

Comment

My 10c...King V's are very comfortable for being as pointy as they are.

Comment

The V. The beast I once played had the horn going into my ribs....and it was quite a rubbish guitar...didnt feel overly nice
                Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

I have had 3 kvx10's and they are great. I do feel the stock DD pickups are a bit muddy however. The beast weighs 8 tons and pokes ya in every which way. They look cool but imo they are just interesting conversation pieces.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

another vote against the beast.all the design flaws were fixed when brian redesigned it with neal moser and called it the spawn.then bcr had a hissy and now all thats left is the original flawed design.looks cool but is impractical.if you could appro it for a jam you'd see what everyones talking about,a solid 45 minute set will damn near kill ya.or supremely piss you off.

Comment

Depends.... if you're playing in a cradle of filth cover band with a cookie monster at the mike, then go for the monstrous BC rich appearance

Then again warlocks are cool shapes, but i don't like the fretboards =/

In my experience, low/medium end Jackson ~= high end pretty much anything else.
                      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

If you're into "metal" guitar shapes, I would suggest trying out a Jackson Warrior too... great balance for sitting and standing.

Comment

I played a couple of beasts, but they hurt my ribs.. KVs are really comfortable.
                          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Being one of those people who made the transition from BCR to Jackson, the big change for me was the immediate feel/build quality (don't know how else to describe it), so I'd go for the Jackson without hesitation. As bonuses, you stand a better chance of finding more choice in finishes and a case that will actually fit the guitar. BCR also tend to be more costly.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Is it just me or does $550 for a used NJ sound really high?

I'd go with the Jackson as well, since while the weird shapes look cool, they're extremely uncomfortable to play.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X