um good trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• um good trade?

well charvelrocker has proposed a trade to me on ug for a jackson kelly performer and i woulod give him my upgraded s540... really only that in name not in parts. is this a good trade or am i getting the shaft on this?

Originally posted by schecterfreak View Post
    well charvelrocker has proposed a trade to me on ug for a jackson kelly performer and i woulod give him my upgraded s540... really only that in name not in parts. is this a good trade or am i getting the shaft on this?
    You're asking us? On your first post?
    :ROTF:
    Welcome to the forum, and forgive all that follows.

Comment

Uhhhh CR has been here forever, 2k posts........people do know him. You? You're contemplating post #2 as you read this.

The SHAFT? Nobody's putting a gun to your head buddy.

That said, here's a hint from the feedback forum:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...=charvelrocker

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...=charvelrocker

Sources point to "Standup Guy". What you got?

Geez.

Vass

Comment

no i mean the trade value not the guy...i trust him cause he agreed to ship first if we do the deal... sorry for the miscommunication. i just don;t really know anything about jackson kellies. i like the way they look but i don't know what they sound like and it is the one that CR has posted here in the thread titled Kelly Mutt. just asking about the quality...

and i didn't mean i was being forced Vass i just meant it as a metaphor... hmm maybe this one fits better. ami getting the small end of the stick in this trade?

Comment

From what I have communicated with him, and we have chatted often, he is a stand up guy. I just would advise getting to know the forum community before you jump in and ask. I'm still new here, and will once again get bashed for standing up to standards, but tell us about yourself a bit, then jump in.

Comment

alright well as you can see from my name i love schecters. i am in the process of securring my second... a spitfire aviation series s-1... i live in ohio. i really like my freinds jacksons and i hate my ibanez... i saw the offer for the kelly on UG and i jumped on it... i just realized after i was like yeah lets do this that i haven't ever heard them. i have heard my friends dinky and a few others but never a jackson. my only concern is my guitar is worth like 700 but from what i gather this kelly only sells like 599.99 new.. i could be wrong but that is what i have found... but i would appreciate it if someone could tell me if this is a fair trade. i know he's a stand up guy, he sid he would ship first! i mean you have to think at least that you get the opportunity to try it out before you send your gear. i honestly didn't mean to make any one mad or offend anyone.. sorry! yeah but any ideas? or anything else you want to know about me?

Comment

Screw counters will be able to help you much better than I...Welcome and thanks for the intro. I have learned an amazing amount here, and still getting my tail whipped.

Comment

sorry i have no idea what "screw counters" is/are.. i think i will learn a lot about these guitars. i have only heard good thins about them. i plsn on getting my ass kicked a few times.. thats what it takes to gain knowlege and to gain respect or totaly trash your respect... but thanx for at least talking to me and not being to harsh about it.

Comment

Schecterfreak. If you really don't like your Ibanez. Then whats the issue? Yes the Kelly sells for less than the over priced Ibanez. But the Kelly is made of better materials. It has a larer body mass and will have a larger tone than the basswood Ibanez. The pups in the Kelly are ok. But are easily swapped out. The control cavity is large enough for a battery if yo decide to go active like EMG's. But thats your call. If you really dont like the Ibanez do the deal and move on. I miss my kelly everyday. It was a great guitar. Albeit it was a 93 Pro series. which are the cream of the crop of imports. But yeah same body shape and neck. BTW by screw counters he means us members who know the differances from one model or series to the next. and also the term Dinky you mentioned. When you said you like your freidns dinky. A dinky is a Jackson model. SO you have been exposed to a Jackson before. Or at least a Charvel import. Kellys rock. And like i said if you dont like the Ibanez dump it for the Kelly. It's pretty much a no brainer. Well for me at least.
                  Gil
                  Oh and welcome to the board.

Comment

A friend of mine used a Kelly Performer as his main gigging guitar for a long time and was very happy with it. It is going to be a totally different animal from your Ibanez, but it seems to me that you WANT something different. I have several Jackson Concepts, which were the predecessors to the Performers, and I gig and record with them, so I can attest to the quality. Appearance and tone are a matter of preference.
                    sigpic

Comment

Gil,
                      The S body is made of mahogany, not basswood...

SF,
                      You said your S is worth about $700 but in your first post you said it's a 540 in name only, not in parts. What does that mean? What parts are different than a normal 540? I don't see many S540's going for $700, more like $400, so I'm wondering if yours is special in any way...

The upper fret access on a Kelly sucks ass. So if you solo in the higher registers, you better have hands like a 10 year old girl...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Just pointing out the street value of an S540.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/sea...trypage=search

Comparing apples to apples.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/sea...p=1%26fsoo%3D2

Comment

well i have upgraded the neck to a thinline and the pups are custom made.. but they it is set up as a H-S-S so i can't just tell him to pull hiss pups and i will pul mine... but yeah i am going ahead with the trade.. i do have hands like a 10 year old girl... so the access doesn't bother me.

hey thanx for the info razor.. wow i didn't realize that it didn't go for as much.. the closest one to mine had no bids and it was only 600 dollars... so would you say its an upgrade or a downgrade?

Comment

well it's official... the guitar is supposed to come tomorrow.. i will try and get pics... ttyl!

Comment

How the hell did I miss this Welcome to the forum dude.

Comment

Working...
                              X