Back in the Jackson fold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the Jackson fold

Hey guys. I haven't had a Jackson for quite a while now, but today I just got a new Jackson COW7 in black. I'll post some pictures up tomorrow but I have to say it is the nicest playing Jackson I have ever touched and it's incredibly resonant and light. I love it to bits. It looks so much nicer up close than it does in pictures on the internet.

Today has been a good day
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Originally posted by pagemalicious View Post
    it is the nicest playing Jackson I have ever touched and it's incredibly resonant and light.
    Hey...I've seen about 200 people say the same thing about their own guitar!!
    HAHA!! I think it's just a natural reaction when you have a nice guitar to 'fall in love'...
    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Good to hear Steve, now get those pics up.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Here's some pics

93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

So what does COW stand for? I googled it and all I found was this image:
          http://gimmecorn.com/images/cow_800.jpg
          Scott

Comment

Christian Olde Wobblers.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              Christian Olde Wobblers.
              ... actually it's Wolbers... of the band Fear Factory.
              My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Ahh. That band never really struck my fancy but the guitar looks very menacing.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  Ahh. That band never really struck my fancy but the guitar looks very menacing.
                  Saw them live in 2004, they were pretty good. They have a pretty crushing live sound, but a bit too much bass drum in the mix for my tastes.
                  My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

I didnt know those were bolt on. I saw one once in Desert Camo type thing, but it was neckthru, and still very cheap, Least I think so. I do love how it has a painted neck though, Thats one of the big reasons I love Neckthru instead, That and the sustain, but perfectly smooth finish on the neck just feels so much better than raw wood IMO.
                    www.myspace.com/memnochband
                    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

All neck thru COW7's are from the custom shop. All productions models are bolt on. The neck heel in the pictures looks huge but it's actually more comfortable than my Fender strats heel and just as comfortable as my RG with the AANJ.
                      93 USA Soloist EDS
                      USA HT6 Juggernaut
                      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                      X