Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Pro Professional

Hi,

I own a Soloist Pro Professional, which I bought nearly new (it was a demonstrator for the distributors for a while) 15 years ago.

It has the JE-1200 mid-boost circuit, a J-50m HB and 2 x J-200 SC's and sounds great.

Now, I know I should probably leave well alone, but I would love to hear from other soloist users on here who have changed the pickups and/or the mid-boost so I know if it will benefit from a bit of tinkering.

Thanks in advance.

Just one more guitar!

Comment

I have one. The mid-boost was already gutted when I bought the guitar, so I had a Seymour Duncan Full Shred bridge humbucker installed. I'm quite happy with the results.
      sigpic

Comment

Ryan- Isnt yours the snakeskin guitar?
        Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
        The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

1990 Soloist Pro in Pearl White with EMG 85/SA/SA. I have never liked the JE-1200 or the Jackson pickups. This guitar screams with the EMG's.

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

i changed in my 1992 soloist professional all the stock electronics to Dimarzio Tone-Zone i bridge, Duncan Hot Rails in neck and Fender single in middle.
            man, what a difference, now the guitar sounds full thick, deep bass, fat highs. the distortion has improved drastically, much more gain, fuller sound.
            cleans: 300% improvment, now i hear the woods, and not only strings as before, clean sound is perfect now!!

change these jackson pickups and you'll see what your guitar is capable for
            you won't regret
            Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Comment

[quote=Alvin_Wilson;966980]1990 Soloist Pro in Pearl White with EMG 85/SA/SA. I have never liked the JE-1200 or the Jackson pickups. This guitar screams with the EMG's.

I have heard mixed opinions on the EMG's. Are they versatile, or are they just full on heavy rock?

Comment

The singles (SA) are great, but I'm still not sold on the humbuckers (81, 85, 89). I've had tons of EMGs over the years and I keep going back to passives. I do like an 85 in the bridge with the Tone rolled back for leads (good Dave Murray tone), but have never found a rhythm tone I was happy with out of an EMG Hum.

As a nitpicky aside, there's no such thing as a "Pro Professional". It's either Pro or Professional, since they both mean the same thing, but were actually two different model specs.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm more a duncan fanboy but the EMG85 pups in a HSS config are versatile.
                  Not as "cold" and full blown metal like the 81s

Comment

As a nitpicky aside, there's no such thing as a "Pro Professional". It's either Pro or Professional, since they both mean the same thing, but were actually two different model specs.[/quote]

It says "Soloist Pro" on the truss rod cover and "Professional" on the end of the headstock? so I don't quite get what you mean.

Comment

the model series is the "Professional" series.

the name of the guitar itself is the soloist pro
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by jjjacksonjjj View Post
                        It says "Soloist Pro" on the truss rod cover and "Professional" on the end of the headstock? so I don't quite get what you mean.
                        Don't get PROconfused, n00b!

Check out Henrik's excellent article: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/proconfusion.htm

"Not all Professionals are PROs
                        All PROs are Professional"
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My guitar is a pro! Thats good to know - I have always known it was special

I didn't know that the single coils are actually humbuckers. With that mid-boost system it is hard to tell because wound down they sound like single coils. I just thought that the fuller sound with the mid-boost on full was down to the mid-boost on it's own.

I'm glad I found this place

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
                            Ryan- Isnt yours the snakeskin guitar?
                            Guess I slept through this thread. Nope, the snakeskin is a Concept, although the same person who painted the snakeskin (Dan Lawrence) also refinished my Soloist Pro.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X