Look what followed me home...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what followed me home...

Well, my local shop was cleaning out their shelves and a new old stock Candy Apple red Jackson Dinky came out and 500 bucks later it was mine.

I'm gonna have fun with this one.

Very nice guitar man I love those new Dinkys, As soon as I get the money I'm going to buy one exactly like yours but in sunburst amber. Yummy.

Comment

Yea man nice guitar all you gotta do is throw in some real duncans and your good to goooooo

Comment

Have you had it wormed?
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I just did some tracks with it on my line6 tone port, it sounds really good (especially after I replaced those rusty strings it came with) what really surprised me though was when I used the "Bad" setting of the clean amp models which gives me the sound of The Edge on the U2 song by the same name. I selected the fourth setting (neck and middle pickup together) on the guitar and played some really airy chords to Sevendust's "Angel's son" and it was nothing short of magical. What a sound.

One negative tibit though, I need to tighten up the tremolo arm since it rattles itself loose and I don't like that.

Comment

$500 for that, yeah?
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Wow thats erm a bit pricey really for an older dinky with duncan designed pickups and chrome hardware, I would think you could pcik upa newer model for that price....

Still as long as you like the guitar, and the only permanent solution for the bar loosening is to get a replacement Schaller Floyd arm holder and replace the old one...

Comment

that looks pretty nice.

what type of neck profile have the dinky's got?

also, i have noticed you are on the dean forum...

Comment

Working...
                X