Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional....what?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170136165432

Long story short- couple beers, the thrill of the chase, and I won the sucka- Too bad I don't know exactly what it is.

The ad states serial "340xxx". Over in E-Fraid Straycat mentioned that it looks like a fusion to him, but that they start with 9's, not 3's.

At first blush the board looks ebony, but I saw a Mexican Strat he was selling against the same wall and the rosewood looked awful dark as well. I know the mexi strats are dark.

I am obviously struggling here

Many thanks to Nazgul, Straycat, & RJohnstone for their input thus far

I've gone through some of AudioZone.dk's catalogs (what a Godsend) and tend to agree that it appears to be some sort of Fusion. But did they come stock with EMG's or is that something added later in the game? Is it just the angle that makes the pickup spacing look "Fusionish"?

I will have photos aplenty when she shows up, whatever she is.

Any input is much appreciated

Vass

Its a 90's Jackson Fusion Pro... GREAT guitar, pretty good price too! 24.75 scale, made in Japan, JT590 trem, ebony board. Even has aftermarket EMG's installed... GREAT price man, you stole it!
    Last edited by RobRR; 08-06-2007, 06:32 PM. Reason: `
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'd just like to add...that guitar is very sexy looking

Comment

The tremolo is NOT the Jackson JT-590 Schaller. It has been replaced, notice the high riding fine tuners:

Still, a nice guitar that could easily be fixed up with the better Schaller trem.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

very nice score, I wish we could get guitars like that so cheap in the UK!!!

Comment

It SHOULD be a JT590 Schaller stock... I didnt look all that closely at the pics.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The shorter scale length is the reason the pickups are closer together.You did steal that one.I have a lower end professional fusion H-H and love it to death, you have the top of the heap bolt on pro there you are quite lucky.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well, I guess we'll figure out what the bridge is soon enough- It's on a truck somewhere in the mid-west, so I'm guessing I'll get it some time mid-late this week. Will post photos immediately.

You guys rock on the advice/info btw- hopefully some day I can return the favor.

Thanks

Vass

Comment

Looks like a Gotoh trem.
                  The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Updated here guys- thanks for your help

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...472#post966472

Comment

Working...
                    X