X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assist IDing a guitar

Hi guys- Saw a guitar that looked a hell of alot like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Guitar-E...QQcmdZViewItem

The difference: It had metal pickup covers in silver on it. They were calling it an SLSMG. I called back later & asked what the pups were- Guy said, "Says Duncan Designed on it. I don't know much about Jackons". Indeed!! I did not see that...Not sure if he popped the pickup covers off or if he was looking at the wrong damn guitar, now that I think about it. Thought I described it well enough to him but maybe I didn't.

Anyway, it's string through. I'm thinking perhaps AT2T?

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac...ics/003139.jpg

(realize that's an AT1)

Looked the same, but again, stringthrough. Board looked like ebony, but had the little pirahna teeth inlays on it. Also doesn't appear that the horns are as beveled as they are on the AT1.

Anyway, it is kinda nice looking.

They're asking $500 for it and it's clean. Seems like a good price for an SLS, but I don't believe that's what it is....

Anyone got any input? Sorry for the vagueness.

Vass

From the inlays my first guess is a DKMG, but I'm not sure, they do come with EMGHZ covered pickups, but the real pro's can tell you. This is just my guess 'cause I've been thinking of getting one.

Sorry, didn't look good enough at the ad, or head, my guess is WRONG!
    Last edited by Scooter; 07-31-2007, 09:46 PM.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Only thing I can add is that it was indeed neck through.....

Vass

Comment

Not a DKMG, those are a bolt on.

Harpoon head, I'm thinking SLATQ or something like that. I never got into this style of guitar to know how to name them.

Comment

Was it actually a neck through?
          I know GC did some stupid looking runs a few years back with chrome covered DD pups.
          -Rick

Comment

Either way, if you cant go play it, and you dont know what it is, might as well stay away, 500 bucks can get you a decent soloist if you really try on Ebay, and then you will know what it is, it might be hurt a bit, but at least you know what it is, chips of paint and stuff mean nothing to me.
            www.myspace.com/memnochband
            www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

It is a Violin Brown SLSMG. They did not make very many with that finish. It was from the first run of the SLSMG's. I like it. They came with the EMG HZ's.
              RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
              CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
              Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                Was it actually a neck through?
                I know GC did some stupid looking runs a few years back with chrome covered DD pups.
                Thats what I was thinking. They have the 3+3 headstock, but aren't neck through IIRC.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys

Vass

Comment

Working...
                  X