2006 RR3 Trans Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 RR3 Trans Blue

Knocked down from £399 to £319. Awfully cheap in the UK for this guitar in any shop. One thing did make me sceptical though - the fretboard is incredibly lighter in colour than any other "new" Jackson with rosewood fingerboard. Almost seemed as though there were dead spots (although this could be cured with a setup?) around the 18-22 fret area. Could the neck be dried out? Would £319 be worth it? I know it's a 2006 version because the trans-blue finish is decent and the hardware is black. No damage (scratches/dings or chips).
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

swing by there with some fretboard oil and a rag. see if it get better.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

sounds good the best deal ive seen is about 380 quid
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

if I wanted a bolt on RR i'd go for the RX10D, its the same only without the pickguard, I hate the pickguard and the wacky volume knob thing. I only put up with the dual volume knobs on my les paul, but with the les paul you get to have the pickup selector in a way better area.

BTW, when are they putting the pickup selector switches where randy originally wanted them?
        www.myspace.com/memnochband
        www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

no the rx10d have duncan desgined while the rr3 has real duncans
          also the rr3 has a better trem

Comment

Getting tempted. Those frikkin DK2S or DK2M haven't arrived yet.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
              no the rx10d have duncan desgined while the rr3 has real duncans
              also the rr3 has a better trem
              I thought the trem was the same on all the cheap models, JT somthing or other. Either way they all feel the same, I like jackson Licensed trems, they work great, as do ESP Licensed trems. And if I remember correctly, when I had an RR3 it had Duncan Designed as well, they were called detonators, Im not sure if thats the case anymore, but they worked great too.
              www.myspace.com/memnochband
              www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

The DD pups on the RX10D sounded better than the ones that used to come on the DK2s. As far as the trem, I couldn't tell a difference between the two. Both worked quite well.
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Didn't they start using the real SD pick-ups in 2007?
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

no in 2006

Comment

Howdy folks, I'm a new member and 1st time poster.

On the Jackson US site they say that the RR3 has an alder body and the RX10D has a basswood body. Hope that helps

BTW, great forum!

Rock on!

Comment

welcome to the jcf!

Comment

06 and newer rr3's have alder bodies and real duncans 06 and newer rx10d's have basswood bodies and duncan designed pickups...

Also the trem on the pro and mg series is an upgraded trem witha hardened steel baseplate.....

Comment

Working...
                          X