JS30WR Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS30WR Opinions?

Hey guys I've got an idea for a project guitar based around one of the js series warriors. I was wondering if anyone has one. I've checked some catalogues and they seem to be fairly new. Is that true?
    Also I've seen some sites list the body wood as alder and others as Indian cedro. Which is it? I presume its the cheap stuff.
    Any opinions or thoughts on these models?

bottom of the line. project you say? swap out the neck and all the hardware. you'll have to paint the ferruls tho. pain in the ass to remove without damaging the body. js series have been around a few years.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-25-2007, 02:40 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

cedro I believe.

Comment

Yeah I have a few soloists and now I want a real metal axe for on stage and to get some experience with working on guitars. I really just want a string thru warrior shaped bolt-on body. I will be painting, changing out the neck and the hardware.
        I've played a few of the js guitars and I thought they fely a bit crap but that was mostly the neck and they sounded bad with the pickups. I'd imagine with the mods I'll be doing it will be a good axe.
        I can do a mock up of what I'm gunning for if anyone wants to see what kind of a thing I'll hopefully be doing.

Comment

yes please.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The idea is not set in stone. What I want is a classy but metal guitar. I could go more overboard but plain will work.
            I found a guy who said he would build me a custom neck. I'm going to go with a maple neck and ebony fretboard. Either no inlays like the picture or maybe my initials at the 12th.
            I'm going to leave it with a plain painted headstock and black tuners, keep people guessing! I'm liking the look of just black and white. I was also thinking of getting white EMG's or painting the ones I'll get to hide them. I'm also toying with the idea of filling in the neck pickup.
            I've never painted before but my drummer has done some before and my uncle has some spraying equipment and he might do it for me.
            What do you guys think? I'm open to some ideas if I ever start this up as to what else I could do.

edit - sorry about the pic. I never posted any of the generator pics and I forgot to get rid of the white!!

Comment

The mockup looks very cool atleast. JS series is the bottom of the line, indeed, but not that bad guitars in the end. I've played a gig with js30wr, and sure it rocks.
              And if you'll get the neck chainged, it should be good axe as you sayd.
              I wonder if you could find even a better body with scullopted heel ?
              Distractress

Comment

The body wood is definitely cedro, not alder. The funny thing is how nice it smells. You can definitely tell it's a cedar type of wood because of the smell coming from the neck pocket and pup cavities.

Comment

you sniff your guitars? you don't have a cat in the house do you?
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I own a JS30WR, it's definitely made of cedro. Sounds surprisingly nice unplugged, very resonant.
                    Played a gig with it too and it did well.

If you change the neck and hardware it should work out well for you. In this case the most important thing is that the bridge is aligned correctly... on mine it is. You should check that when you get one, correct alignment and intonation.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

The best & original JS30 review thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4552

Other threads can be found by going to search "JS30 review"
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X