Jackson RR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR24

Theres my RR24, I love that guitar so much. The black binding was a good idea to me, at least on that particular guitar. This looks 100% better than anything else ive seen from jackson, and it plays like USA Jacksons. Whats really neat, is the neck has a flat part of it on the back, down the middle, its not a perfect U, it makes it feel slightly faster than a normal thin U like on my ESP MH. The inlays dont look plastic at all, and they feel just like any other inlay, I compared it to the limited edition RR24 at the shop in town and the inlays look identical in every way, and feel the same. The Limited Editions are supposed to have real MOP inlays, and their reversed. I was actually going to get the Limited Edition one, but then they got this one in, and I fell in love instantly. The floyd is perfect except for one small thing. When I use the arm alot after fully tightening it, when you pick it up from being near the volume knob and pull it into position numerous times, it eventually loosens and goes floppy and just swings. So basically it loosens itself from the threads when you use it alot or rotate it a bit. I will probably replace the arm soon anyways as I am extremely picky about Tremelo Arms, They have to float perfectly for me and be fairly easy to use for fluttering, other than that, the bridge is perfect, you can pull up or down and not have to push down on it again to make it in perfect tune. Some floyds, cheap ones, you have to push down on them again for them to be in tune. Like if you pull up once they go sharp, then you push down and their in tune again. Its just the springs being gay usually.

The EMG81 is very versitile I find. I use my Les pauls for rock and country, and my ESP MH for hard rock, so I just use this for metal and of course clean passages are still required. It works great, I dont need a neckpickup for what I do unless im going retard shred mode, but I use the ESP for that because its a stratshape and thats what its for with the whole neckpickup and super amazing access. Though the 24 frets on the Rhoads has amazing access too, I really like the tone for lead, The trick though, is to make sure you dont have a crazy amount of mids or highs on your amp, this pickup is very bright and will articulate amazingly, almost too well if you have alot of highs or mids. I have to readjust my amp for this guitar and my ESP, as they both have EMG's in them. I have to crank the mids back up for my les pauls. I have an MP3 on my website if you want to hear the guitar, its the second song obviously.

www.myspace.com/memnochband
    www.myspace.com/memnochband
    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Sounds cool man, single hums rule!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Thanks for posting, sounds very nice. Congrats on getting this cool guitar!
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Cool! Congrats on a new guitar!

BTW, the limited edition ones have MOTO inlays too .

Comment

Cool, I had a RR24 on order back in January.
          But they told me to wait 6+ months...
          So I decided to cancel the RR24 and order another Jackson

Your thread gave me gas on it again!

Comment

Damn, i got a DK2M just 2 weeks ago and i'm already gassing for a RR24...

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
              Cool! Congrats on a new guitar!

BTW, the limited edition ones have MOTO inlays too .
              Yep, and therefore it doesn`t matter if it`s limited or not except
              if you are really a reverse headstock freak..
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

It has reversed inlays, not headstock
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

umm, how limited are/were the black RR24s? 300 made? the ones with white binding and reverse sharkies?

Comment

I just posted the exact same thing in another similar thread, but I have one of the RR24 LTD's in stock if anyone is looking.
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by J . View Post
                      umm, how limited are/were the black RR24s? 300 made? the ones with white binding and reverse sharkies?
                      I think there were 200 - 250 made. I want one sooo bad, but I just bought a Strat and I have more than enough guitars.
                      I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

I think everyone here knows you want one. It's been mentioned in just about every one of your 283 posts.

Comment

Working...
                        X