X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Duncan Custom Custom

Is the custom custom the SH5?

Last time I went looking at pups the guy had me all confused.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

the custom custom is just an alnico 2 "hot" PAF pup. It's medium output i guess.havent used one though. the jb is incredible in the right guitar. it has a high mid spike that makes it cut through, but it might be kinda shrill or ice picky...and the low end isn't tight either. Dave mustaine used them but an alternative could be a seymour duncan mustaine livewire bridge. it's an active version of a JB, but it's different nonetheless. the full shred is really dynamic and clear, so it's really sensitive. I WANT ONE!!! it's thick because it has a nice low-mid thing going on but it's not bassy and that's what makes it so clear. If you have an EMG 81 you could try out a Blackout?? it's kinda like an "improved" 81, but if you don't like the 81 at all you wont like the blackout. the emg 85 is nice, and you wouldnt have to rewire anything since it's an EMG...
      Last edited by 3nz; 08-09-2007, 01:07 AM.

Comment

The CustomCustom is a Custom with an A2 magnet. It's pretty hot though the A2 probably makes it less aggressive than the Custom or C5.

Comment

Working...
        X