white RR24 in action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white RR24 in action?

Anyone have pics of the white RR24 in action at a gig?

And, uh, could you post them?

How would it look different (read: better) than any other pic? I always wondered that when these questions were asked.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I just find that sometimes live shots are more exciting. I've been admiring the white RR24 for some time now, and the shot of Lance on the Jackson Myspace page got me hoping there are some good pictures of the white RR24 in action.

Comment

Well, I mean, still, how is an image or video of someone playing one indicative of the value? How is it a psychological trigger that influences a purchase? Whatever happened to "be the first kid on your block..."?

Not bashing, just curious, as I've never understood this type of pic request.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

No worries. I'm not taking it as bashing.

I'm not looking for a photo that will convince me of value. I'm already convinced that the RR24 is the main guitar I will consider next time I am looking to purchase. I was looking more to see it in a certain context. I guess I'm looking for the experience of seeing the instrument in that context. I can only speak for my own psychological reactions, but I have found that when it comes to guitars there are 3 different types of photos that each get a unique reaction from me.

The first is the manufacturer photo of the guitar. This photo is usually my first exposure to a particular instrument, and tends to get more of a "Cool!!" reaction from me. However, these pictures tend to look a little "fake" to me. I don't know if they are photoshopped or what the deal is, but somehow they don't tend to look real to me.

The second is an actual photo of the guitar. These tend to be posted on forums with the guitar shot at multiple angles. This is where I usually have more of a "That's beautiful!!" reaction. Besides showing the instrument from multiple angles, including the back, I'm not sure what it is about these photos that does something for me above and beyond the manufacturer's photo. I think maybe these photos do a better job showing details like the paint job. It must be the lighting or something.

The third photo is the live action shot. As you point out, it's the same guitar, so clearly it's what's going on around the guitar that is influencing how I react to it. Still, this reaction is probably the one I understand the least. Perhaps it's akin to seeing seeing my favorite guitar hero in a magazine when I was a kid, and thinking how cool his guitar was. Anyhow, the right live action shot can ellicit a "WOW!!!" reaction from me. It has to be the right shot though. A kid playing in front of a bored audience at a school talent show who is focusing on his fretboard hand to make sure he doesn't screw up doesn't really do it for me. A shot of an experienced player rocking out who clearly owns the audience, and looks like they could own the world if they so chose, that kind of a shot can totally blow me away. I know it's not the guitar, but it can make me view the instrument in an entirely different way. That's what I'm looking for in this thread.

Comment

yeah live shots are always good...lol...considering a white rr24 myself in the near future...d.m.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by joshulator View Post
              No worries. I'm not taking it as bashing.

I'm not looking for a photo that will convince me of value. I'm already convinced that the RR24 is the main guitar I will consider next time I am looking to purchase. I was looking more to see it in a certain context. I guess I'm looking for the experience of seeing the instrument in that context. I can only speak for my own psychological reactions, but I have found that when it comes to guitars there are 3 different types of photos that each get a unique reaction from me.

The first is the manufacturer photo of the guitar. This photo is usually my first exposure to a particular instrument, and tends to get more of a "Cool!!" reaction from me. However, these pictures tend to look a little "fake" to me. I don't know if they are photoshopped or what the deal is, but somehow they don't tend to look real to me.

The second is an actual photo of the guitar. These tend to be posted on forums with the guitar shot at multiple angles. This is where I usually have more of a "That's beautiful!!" reaction. Besides showing the instrument from multiple angles, including the back, I'm not sure what it is about these photos that does something for me above and beyond the manufacturer's photo. I think maybe these photos do a better job showing details like the paint job. It must be the lighting or something.

The third photo is the live action shot. As you point out, it's the same guitar, so clearly it's what's going on around the guitar that is influencing how I react to it. Still, this reaction is probably the one I understand the least. Perhaps it's akin to seeing seeing my favorite guitar hero in a magazine when I was a kid, and thinking how cool his guitar was. Anyhow, the right live action shot can ellicit a "WOW!!!" reaction from me. It has to be the right shot though. A kid playing in front of a bored audience at a school talent show who is focusing on his fretboard hand to make sure he doesn't screw up doesn't really do it for me. A shot of an experienced player rocking out who clearly owns the audience, and looks like they could own the world if they so chose, that kind of a shot can totally blow me away. I know it's not the guitar, but it can make me view the instrument in an entirely different way. That's what I'm looking for in this thread.
              That's understandable I guess. To a degree I'm kinda the same way - whenever I watch a live Priest clip I start looking up Gibson Vs and SGs on Ebay

But then reality settles in and I'm reminded that the only Gibson V worth having would have a Floyd and better-than-dot inlays (traps on rosewood, blocks on ebony), binding on the head and neck, 24 frets, and only have a pickguard if it was a Schenker, and that SGs are horribly unbalanced

Comment

I like to see guitars in action to check out how they look on somebody my height. Dinky bodies look great but they look small if your tall. I can also see the picking hand with the bridge and controls and that can sometimes help me make a choice. Live shots give you a better idea of how the finish looks in real lighting conditions, just my 2 cents.
                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

That's a good point. If and when the time comes that I get serious about buying one, I'm going to want to see how the V shape looks on a short person (I'm 5'5") when worn high.

Comment

Ive played it live alot, but I dont take pictures playing live, because obviously if im playing I cant take pictures. I have played it about 40 times live now though, and its amazing to play live as the ballance is perfect, I dont even need a leather strap with this guitar, it just sits where I put it.
                    www.myspace.com/memnochband
                    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

I hope you don't play it that low, you'll be hitting yourself in the foot with the lower horn!
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                        I hope you don't play it that low, you'll be hitting yourself in the foot with the lower horn!
                        Look carefully, Im only holding it, there is no strap on my shoulder. I play it slightly higher than that, about belt buckle level. But I put my guitars on a mad tilt when I play, just like Randy did. Headstock near your head.
                        www.myspace.com/memnochband
                        www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Is the back of the RR24's neck painted?

Comment

Originally posted by minh_80 View Post
                            Is the back of the RR24's neck painted?
                            Yes, in every colour

Comment

Originally posted by kinde69 View Post
                              Yes, in every colour
                              The back of the neck is painted every color??? Is that possible??? Just kidding. I am ordering a white one in the next day or 2. I think it's the best looking of the 3 versions. I do kind of like the limited 75 version with the bound neck and reverse sharkies too.

Comment

Working...
                              X