My newest project!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest project!!!!

A few months back I traded Pete an ADA MP1 for a KV body which was going to be half of a doubleneck project I always wanted to do, but I just don't really have the time to doo all that woodwork. So I decided to build a KVMGT. All I need to finish is a TOM Bridge and a case. I'll be loading an EMG 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck. I'm leaving the locking nut on it to easily accomodate the Zakk Wylde 70 gauge strings for LOW drop A tuning.
    Here's what she looks like so far......

Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

looks really good.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Thanks, I can't wait to get her all together. I always loved the feel of that neck on my DKMG, but those body styles just don't do it for me anymore.....so I'm doing the logical thing. I think...lol
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

Needs black hardware. Let's see the finished product.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, but how do you get those string ferrels out? I have black knobs and a black switch nut, plus I'm gonna buy a black bridge & posts.

Comment

Very cool, that looks almost like the project I was going to do...
            to use the neck of my DKMGT and get a KV body for it. I went to the local FMIC outlet store in the hope of getting another KVX10 (pre 2006) for cheap, but they were all gone at the time. Only JS30KVs left, and not a good one in the bunch.

So the project lays on ice. But damn, your photo shows there's just something right about a reverse head KV.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Looks sweeeeeet!
              I'm also planning a project on my old fucked-up PS-3.

It needs a repaint and a new neck soooo bad!
              Can anybody say which fret-neck will fit a PS-3 body?

BTW The PS-3 models where 22 frets / TOM bridge

Comment

Not sure how you remove the ferrels, guess you could just paint them.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

its coming together nicely. Is the RoseArt® paint job metallic of just regular pant

Comment

Originally posted by ossmetallica View Post
                    its coming together nicely. Is the RoseArt® paint job metallic of just regular pant
                    LOL I don't really know how to explain it. The blue is definately metallic, but the grey/silver seems more the colortype of normal silver spraypaint? Weird.

Comment

Cobalt Blue Swirl
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        Needs black hardware. Let's see the finished product.
                        I just bought a black roller bridge.....

...which I bought at the advice of a good friend who said it will seat the heavy 70g low string without slippage or any cutting. Now I just have to figure out my ferrules issue. I don't just want to paint the ones in there I want to replace them, but a.)How to remove them. and b.) what size.

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        Cobalt Blue Swirl
                        LOL, I knew that, but it's the "earlier" version. The newer one is darker and the silver looks metallic, whereas mine...the blue is lighter and the silver is more greyish and not metallic.

Comment

they aren't worth the trouble, just magic marker them. to remove them, you get a small punch threw the backside hole, pop out the front, then pop out the back.
                          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

You run the risk of damaging the paint while removing the ferrules... Its a tough call really...
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                            X