Fusion(F1) Model-Anybody???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayer View Post
    OK, I was going to order a custom USA Fusion with just 1 hum that would look almost like the DK2M minus the neck humbucker. But since FMIC raised the prices through the roof, I am out for that idea. So, who here would be hip if Jackson came out with a DK2M minus the neck humbucker and use the 24.75 scale neck and call it an F1 or FUS1 or something? I would be first in line for one in white. What sais you guys Jack.
    I would be on that bus. short scale interests me, and i need a reverse
    headstock, dont have one yet

Comment

I would be interested too. I love 1 humbucker guitars also. Simple is better!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Its funny how so many people say the 24.75 scale Jackson is too short for metal, and there are zillion guys doing it with Les Pauls and explorers,
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

If they came out with a useable short scale DK then I'd be there.
          I need a neck pup of some sort. The single hum is too limiting.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

technically 24.75 inch scale is considered a full length scale, while its shorter than the more common 25.5 or the less common 25 inch scale it is not technically considered a short scale.
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

^ yeah a real short scale would be Fender Jaguar or Jazzmaster, 24"

Comment

If it was a mass produced model, I could live with a 2 Hum Fusion just like the DK2M but 24.75 scale. I love the LP`s scale, I think they are actually 24.5 scale. Jack.

Comment

Thats why I love my 93 fusion H-H.The next refret I think maybe I'll go with narrower frets from 15 -24th fret for more room on the upper end.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the 24.75 scale. I'm not sure why but the 25.5 just works for me. for me whether they did a Fusion DK2M version, regardless of pickup configuration, I would opt for the DK2M.

Speaking of Les Pauls, I do miss the Mahogany body & neck tone though.
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                    X