Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5 vs RR1

Hey All,

I'm a newbie to this forum and I was hoping I could get some good insight and advice in regards to a couple of Jackson guitars (the best on the planet).

I currently have a Jackson RR5 (ivory with pinstripe) in my collection and I love it. However, now that I am finding I play it often, probably more than my other guitars I have been contemplating upgrading. My question then becomes, would it be wise to sell my RR5 and buy an RR1? Is it really worth it, or not? I like the feel of the RR1 and view it to be excellent. However, I don't have any complaints about my RR5, other than the fact that the inlays aren't MOP.

Please give me some advice on this...

Thanks...

It's worth it. You get binding, ebony and MOP sharkfins with it - best looking neck ever! If you prefer string-thrus, then check the RR1T's which are string-thru versions of the RR1.

Comment

if you are happy with it keep it. the RR5s are great guitars but are not getting that much return on ebay right not.

Comment

I would sell the RR5 for the RR1, but I can't stand rosewood fretboards. In any case the RR1 is a better instrument and not least it will keep its value better than the RR5. If you can find a nice used RR1 and have some cash to add than do it.

Comment

i would start saving, because the RR5s aren't fetching much now-a-days. you;d be better of keeping it.
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
          X