Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes good things happen after all...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes good things happen after all...

A few years ago I sold my Jackson JRS-2 that I got cheap (150.-€ + shipping) to a bro for the same price. I kind of regretted it, but just didn´t need it or really have space for it. I told him to tell me if he ever wanted to off it, and he agreed.

Well, a few weeks ago he came around and hung out, said he still really loved the axe and everything. I told him I can well imagine that, she really was great, and that I was still interested in taking her back. Then suddenly the contact dropped off again. But the whole thing left me lusting for a similar axe, and I had been searching for parts already considering putting together a beater.

2 days ago I found out from another bro that he was selling her, attempting to get more than twice what he paid. While I was miffed that he never even asked me, I can understand that he´s strapped for cash and wanted to get as much as possible out of it. So I wrote her off more or less for good, as he supposedly also had a buyer lined up and I don´t really have expendable income at the moment.

Then, an hour ago a buddy called and asked me if he could come by, he had another bud and a "surprise" with him. I expected beer or a film or a stack of steaks, something along those lines.

He waited a second before he came in, and I immediately recognized the bag. He asked me to take a look and see if everything was OK, he just bought himself a guitar. And it was my JRS-2, and she was exactly as I left her except for needing new strings. Same 3 dings she always had, tuner, bar and cable in the bag.... As if she had never left my apartment.

And then he said he wanted to make sure she came back to me, because he knew how I feel about my axes, and that I can take my time paying her off if I want her. I now owe my buddy 160€ (they had a debt to settle as well and he was able to smack him down to the original sale price), and couldn´t be happier.

Welcome back, Baby, I missed ya.:

I´ll get better pics soon.. Now all I need is to recover my AT-1 and my arsenal will be restored.

And a Huge thanks and to Lennart and Kim for bringing her back home, you rock

Wow that's a great story! There are some great people out there somewhere I send my respect to your buddy for doing such a cool thing!

Enjoy
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

...and a smack upside the head to other dude who didn't sell to you like he said he would!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Very cool guitar!
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Very nice story. Very nice guitar. Gotta love a happy ending :-)

Comment

Those are sweet guitars. I love the natural headstock and trans black over ash. Had a chance to buy one of those myself, and didn't do it. I'm dumb like that!
            sigpic

Comment

cool story, man. Congrats on getting her back
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice story and nice guitar!
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                X