Jackson/JCF Virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson/JCF Virgin

Hey everyone, stumbled across the site here while researching my first Jackson purchase. Always craved one since becoming a diehard fan of the late, great Randy back in the 80s when the Blizzard and DIary albums were still brand new.

Really, really appreciated reading all the particulars of the various Jackson lines and their individual specs and experiences with them. Just an incredible wealth of knowledge that armed me when I went to GC to test a few out. I think I even educated the guy I was talking to at GC a few times just plagiarizing some info I got from this site.

Anyway, I jumped into the shallow end of the Jackson pool and bought the DK2 with the hot rod flame paint job online.

Couple questions if anyone has the time....

1) How does this type of paint finish hold up over time?

2)
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Sorry...didn't finish that right.

2) What is the tiny lettering near the jack that looks like Japanese symbols or something? Can't tell from the photo and mine hasn't arrived yet.

3) Just to make sure I get what I think I ordered, how are the "Duncan Designed" pickups differentiated from the ones labeled "Seymour Duncan" on the actual pickups?

Thanks.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

Welcome!

The paint will be just fine. It´s coated in poly, so it isn´t as sensitive as some old-school nitro finishes tend to be.

The lettering I´m not sure what it might be... I haven´t taken a good look at those graphic´d Professionals.

The Duncan Designeds are... well, frankly not that good and not in the same league as the actual american Duncans they are meant to approximate. To my ears, at least. But since last year the japanese Jacksons come with real Duncans, so unless this one is used or has been sitting in the store for a while you should get a real set of Duncans on there.

Comment

IIRC the little Japanese characters are the signature of the artist who painted the guitar. The Japanese Jacksons are actually graphic finishes, not screens, transfers, prints or whatever like you see on some graphic imports from other manufacturers
        Hail yesterday

Comment

as regards to the jap symbols, are they supposed to be there? i only remember seeing one on ebay with those on.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks.

When I orderd online the rep could not tell me the year of manufacture or serial number.

The GC website Description feature said a Seymour Duncan JB and two Duncan Designed SC101's; however the Features description just said "Seymour Duncan pickups" were included so I wasn't sure what to go by there.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Jap symbols: Yes, they are supposed to be there. As stated, the graphic is hand-painted and signed by the artist. Every flame graphic is different on the blue/orange flame DK2, iirc.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                Jap symbols: Yes, they are supposed to be there. As stated, the graphic is hand-painted and signed by the artist. Every flame graphic is different on the blue/orange flame DK2, iirc.
                I did see that statement but couldn't tell if it applied to the black with red/yellow flames or just the blue/orange.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Welcome! Where's Jaymz?
                  "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

To test the Duncan Designed vs. Real I installed a TB4 in one guitar, and had the Duncan Designed HB102B in my DK2.

Both Alder bodies
                    Both rosewood necks
                    Same scale length

The only difference was a Kahler Killer 2700 Trem vs. the Lic. Floyd in the Jackson.

Conclusion? They sounded the same, so I returned the TB4.

Same deal with the Duncan Distortion vs. the HB103B, but this time the difference was larger because the two guitars being tested were "way" different. Different scale lengths; bolt-on vs. set neck; thick mahogany body with a maple cap (750XL) vs. KE3 poplar body; floating trem vs. fixed bridge. The guitars are just too different to compare, but I hear similar overtones in the two pickups.

Comment

Working...
                    X