No announcement yet.

RR5's .... Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally dislike the gold hardware that comes standard on the RR5.
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by microtonal View Post
      The RR24 is cool but keep in mind that they have floating trems/floyds whereas the RR5 and Bond have a fixed bridge.

Also, if any of you own or played an RR1 or RR1T, the neck profile is slimer and faster(12” to 16”) compared to the RR import versions(12” to 14”) .
      The Bond also has a $160 SD Custom-shop pickup in it.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        BTW, putting "Is it just me" in thread titles is GHEY!

Is it just me or Ron's trying to hide his gheyness by calling other people ghey?
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
          Is it just me or Ron's trying to hide his gheyness by calling other people ghey?
          "Ron"

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
            "Ron"
            quick, edit it before he comes.:ROTF:
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by microtonal View Post
              Also, if any of you own or played an RR1 or RR1T, the neck profile is slimer and faster(12” to 16”) compared to the RR import versions(12” to 14”) .
              That's the fingerboard radius and has nothing to do with the neck back shape profile.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                That's the fingerboard radius and has nothing to do with the neck back shape profile.
                Well ok, it may be spec'ing the fretboard radius but the RR5 and Bond do have a thicker neck than the RR1 series.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  That will sell for for a lot higher than it is going for right now.

It's already $202.50, but be cautious of Bidder 1 and Bidder 4.
                  Smells shillish to me.
                  Bidder 1 is a total noob (registered less than a week ago) and bidder 4, less than 90 days ago with 80% feedback.

Cool finish on that though... definitely worth a few bills.

Well, the auction ended at $511 so if there was any shilling going on, it didn't work out too well for the seller.
                  This auction was a good example of what I've been observing for some time now.
                  What's odd is that I kinda figured there would be a renewed interest in these guitars with it being the Anniversary year of Randy's death and all.
                  I don't get it ... oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2 View Post
                    Well, the auction ended at $511 so if there was any shilling going on, it didn't work out too well for the seller.
                    This auction was a good example of what I've been observing for some time now.
                    What's odd is that I kinda figured there would be a renewed interest in these guitars with it being the Anniversary year of Randy's death and all.
                    I don't get it ... oh well.
                    I've bought a guitar from funkymonkey on ebay and I had an issue with the guitar and they refunded the total cost including my shipping back to them.
                    Great guys to deal with so not sure about the whole shilling suspicions with this particular seller/dealer.

Anyway, someone got a good deal.

Comment

I just said it "smelled shillish".
                      Noob bidders and bidders with negs and low feedback is a hint that something sneaky may be happening.
                      Not always the case, but it does make one think first.

As for the final sale price, yeah... it is lower than I expected it to go for.
                      I was figuring $700 - $800 range.
                      -Rick

Comment

Wish I could have gotten my RR5 at that price..what a steal! Actually microtonal, my RR5 neck is a bit THINNER than my RR1. My RR1 is a late 90's model, my RR5 is a 2004 or 5...

Comment

To get to the point of the thread, I think RR5s are less popular due to lack of Floyds, 22 Fret Necks, and no binding. Which is ashame as they are great guitars. I had one I got for $800 new, but it just wasn't for me, so I sold it to a friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X