Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are the Jackson Professionals compared to the USA models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No much love for the 94 or 95 Pro's, I see. Why is that?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
      No much love for the 94 or 95 Pro's, I see. Why is that?
      As the years went by after the original Pro was released the line was cheapened down further and further, so instead of making direct copies of US Models, they were making cheaper alternatives that were not exactly the same quality.

Comment

Thanks Genebaby, I am aware of that My comment was directed to the original Pro models only.

I think I misread Joe's post. I thought he stated that for example a Rhoads Pro from 1995 is of lesser quality compared to a 1991 Rhoads Pro. That would be wrong and that's why I reacted. I am sorry for misreading that.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Slashaxl View Post
          I currently own 3 USA Jacksons, but I see very cool Jackson Professionals all the time, and allways wondering about picking some of them up, but I've never tried a professional before, so maybe you guys can fill me in

I also want to know about the Performer series..? How are those compared to the USA and Professional series?
          Hi!

Just wanted to say my first Jackson was a '97 performer PS-3.
          It's discontinued...
          It was my main player for about 6 years and played it like every day.

They play nice and stay in tune. Quality is by far not as good as usa ones and they sound weak...
          Mine is still in good condition except the bridge.
          That damn bridge is now only half it's size because of the sweat from my hands

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            I think I misread Joe's post. I thought he stated that for example a Rhoads Pro from 1995 is of lesser quality compared to a 1991 Rhoads Pro. That would be wrong and that's why I reacted. I am sorry for misreading that.
            I read it like that too. Just like in Sunbane's post, but he corrected his mistake then.

It's times like these that I'm glad I got myself a very early 1990 Rhoads PRO . One just went for 775$ on eBay! And that was without international shipping:
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180129425548

I guess the days of cheap PROs are gone, unless you find it for a low BIN from the seller who doesn't have a clue. Or in a pawn shop or something.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
              That damn bridge is now only half it's size because of the sweat from my hands

When you touch things, do they start to smoke?
              ...and do people scream in pain when you shake their hand?

Comment

The newer Professional models aren't quite as nice as the early 90s Pros, but they're still awesome.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post

When you touch things, do they start to smoke?
                  ...and do people scream in pain when you shake their hand?

:ROTF:

yeah, that bridge is in fact screaming in pain, when I open the case of this guitar

Now, it's like play 10 minutes, wash hands, play 10 minutes...

Comment

I have USA Fusion and Fusion Pro both from same year, -91. Qualitywise those are 1:1, only differences are that USA has oiled neck and covered J50B instead of open coiled.

But still.. USA sounds better, the woods must be more selected. Both are great instruments anyway.

Comment

Are the PROS that much better in quality to say a model 6 (Kahler & new pickups) to sell the 6 and get a soloist PRO instead?

Comment

A Soloist Pro, IS exactly a USA Soloist, just made in Japan. So it's different to a Model 6, though a Model 6 is a very high quality guitar as you would know, but hardware is different, rosewood board and different neck feel. Great guitar, just different.

Comment

Same thing with the King V Pro, just as excellent as the quality of a comparable USA KV1 or KV2. Excellent dark ebony that is not grainy at all,frets are nice and rounded. The hardware is top notch as well. Dave Mustaine even toured alot with a burst finish King V Pro featured in 99 ways to Die music video and on tour alot. They say the best Pros were made from 1990-1995. I hear nothing but rave reviews for the RR Pro as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashaxl View Post
                            I currently own 3 USA Jacksons, but I see very cool Jackson Professionals all the time, and allways wondering about picking some of them up, but I've never tried a professional before, so maybe you guys can fill me in

I also want to know about the Performer series..? How are those compared to the USA and Professional series?
                            Jackson Soloist XL Professional - the best soloist I've ever played. No, not just a great "player" but one of the BEST. The neck is unreal, well, for me that is. It's thin and flat, and the construction quality is very high quality. I have hard time imagining anything better....well... an ebony board would be nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post
                              Jackson Soloist XL Professional - the best soloist I've ever played. No, not just a great "player" but one of the BEST. The neck is unreal, well, for me that is. It's thin and flat, and the construction quality is very high quality. I have hard time imagining anything better....well... an ebony board would be nice!!
                              I totally agree about the Soloist XL being a great guitar. I love the neck on that guitar, I like it better then the newer SL2 I have. The SL2 feels more like a Dinky neck then the XL neck. It plays awesome, and sounds great. I would give up my SL2 before my XL.

Comment

Thanks for all the answers. This came out very informative to me

Comment

Working...
                                X