What do I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I have

I just received a used Jackson today. My camera is not working now so I have no pics. If I get any I'll add them. It has a Dinky style body with bolt on maple neck. Rosewood fret board with MOTO dots, 22 fret. Reverse head stock. 2 Humbuckers with 3 position blade switch. Pickups have only 2 wires. Had a 2 point non-recessed trem, but that did not come with it. My JT-580 has a wider post spacing though. It had a standard nut, non-locking type. Neck plate has serial number, but no logo. Serial number is 01080393. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your best bet may be to look through the catalog scans at JCF member jackson1's website to try to find your guitar.

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/CatalogScans.htm
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

how much did you pay for it?
      Sam

Comment

Welcome, newb!

Originally posted by ihocky2 View Post
        Neck plate has serial number, but no logo. Serial number is 01080393.
        S/N indicates Made in India. The rest of your description makes me guess your guitar is a JS30, probably around 2002.

See the red guitar at the bottom here: http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...2002Page09.htm
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

From what I've found out so far I would have to say it is a JS-1. The pictures match up and when I took the neck off the wood underneath had a redish tone to it, and it is quite a bit lighter than mahoganny, so that would fit the description of the Cedro. I picked it up for $40. Needs a new trem, which I already have a JT-580 for and needs to be refinished. A bunch of scratches on it, but nothing more. Needs a new nut so I think I am going to go with a Graphtech nut and locking tuners. I've heard a lot of people have good luck with that and it is a lot easier than trying to fit a locking nut onto the 1/4" shelf.

Comment

Wow 40$, cant go wrong with that!

Comment

40$ - Indeed a great price !

Comment

Working...
              X