SLSMG,chambered body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG,chambered body?

Do the SLSMGs have chambered bodies? Since they're "SuperLightWeight"?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

I would think not, but of course I can't be sure. I think their lightness comes from their thinness alone. I think an SLS/SLSMG is thin enough that there's not any room for a trem back route, for instance.

Comment

Yeah,I thought it would be the thinness,too.

Comment

+1
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's good to learn that I don't have a guitar with a chambered body

Comment

thinness + the grade of mahogany. Its still heavier than my sl2ht.
            Sam

Comment

So you say, the grade of the mahogany is good since it's light? I think it resonates very well.

And mine is a lot lighter than my KV2.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                So you say, the grade of the mahogany is good since it's light? I think it resonates very well.

And mine is a lot lighter than my KV2.
                I remember someone from Jackson stating that the mahogany they used isn't coming from water logged trees instead dry and high quality ones. That's why they are light.

But I find Slsmgs to be "too" light. Sometimes I used to have difficulty in believing that my slsmg was actually an electric guitar. I always thought my dinkys were light but my slsmg couldn't be compared to them. Btw I took my slsmg to Kenan Usta at some point and he told me that the wood doesn't look like mahogany, guess he also f.cks up at times or there's really something about the mahogany Jackson uses
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Oh, when did you buy one? Btw,I'm planning on buying another one.It's the best "bang for the buck" guitar ever.

P.S:I'm pretty sure it's made of real mahogany.It sounds very "mahogany". And I realized that I'll never like the rhythm sound of alder guitars.Mahogany FTW for riff playing.
                  Last edited by Norton; 06-07-2007, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Nextinline, I'm curious...how did that guy "look" at the mahogany? I mean at least in a Bolt-on, if you remove the neck, you can see the wood. But in the slsmg, where did he see the wood-color? as i recall, the cavity is painted on the inside.

thanks
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      Nextinline, I'm curious...how did that guy "look" at the mahogany? I mean at least in a Bolt-on, if you remove the neck, you can see the wood. But in the slsmg, where did he see the wood-color? as i recall, the cavity is painted on the inside.

thanks
                      my slsmg had an emg 81 installed when I bought it. I replaced the pups with a pair of duncans and the input jack had to be changed. (well I could use it but it wasn't in good condition and I needed it to be able to sell the emg) I removed the pups and all the hardware to sell them before I took it to the luthier. The input jack part was clearly showing the wood which also didn't look like mahogany to me but it was the first mahogany guitar I owned, I don't have it anymore btw

You can see the non-black input jack

Last edited by NextInLine; 06-07-2007, 07:49 PM.
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                      X