Jackson Rhoads identification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Rhoads identification help

Hi I am new to the Jackson family, I picked up a Rhoads V today and was wondering if someone could help me out with the model or age. The serial number is :9652594

Thank you pic is in the link

By the seriel i would say its a Japanese performer series. probably about a 96 or 97
    But the link didnt work. Can ya post it to a sight you dont have to sign up to view just email it to me and I'll post it for ya.
    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      By the seriel i would say its a Japanese performer series. probably about a 96 or 97
      But the link didnt work. Can ya post it to a sight you dont have to sign up to view just email it to me and I'll post it for ya.
      Gil
      Ok whats your email address? What is the performer series. Thanks for your help

Comment

1999 or 2000 era

Check out audiozone.dk and educate yourself on Jackson models, Paul!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hi guys,I have a jackson rr3 and i'd like to know the age.the serial number is: 9621294
          I didn't find an answer on audiozone.dk

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Paulhughes81 View Post
            Ok whats your email address? What is the performer series. Thanks for your help
            Performer series (now called the JS series), is the bottom of the line import for Jackson.
            -Rick

Comment

There is NOTHING in the serial that tells you whether it's a Performer or any other japanese bolt-on. Don't feed the newbie BS. What it tells you, is only that it's a japanese-made bolt-on Jackson. It doesn't say anything conclusive about production year, although people with long lists of import serials (like RacerX) can make a somewhat accurate guesstimates.

What color is the hardware, and what finish is the guitar? What type of pickups? Any other significant features?

Above that, the only sure-fire way of finding out, is taking the neck off and checking for stamps.
              Last edited by Sunbane; 06-13-2007, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I never said it was a Performer... I was merely answering his question as to what the Performer series is/was.

The serial starts with a 9, so it would be a Japanese built guitar.
                That's all I can tell from the serial.
                -Rick

Comment

the only difference betwenn my jackson rr and the current rr3 pro serie is the pickup:jackson on my guitar.

thanks
                  Last edited by Dimebag; 06-13-2007, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebag View Post
                    hi guys,I have a jackson rr3 and i'd like to know the age.the serial number is: 9621294
                    I didn't find an answer on audiozone.dk

thanks
                    Well, you won't! As Sunbane said, I only guesstimate mfr year from full 9xxxxxxx serial numbers. Yours is about 1997 or so.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                      What color is the hardware, and what finish is the guitar? What type of pickups? Any other significant features?

Above that, the only sure-fire way of finding out, is taking the neck off and checking for stamps.
                      It is nickel colored hardware (matching pickguard)with Duncan designed pickups and it is kind of a dark blue/purple with metal flake finish

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        I never said it was a Performer... I was merely answering his question as to what the Performer series is/was.
                        Yes, sorry. It was Gil who stated that the serial indicated a Performer.

Paulhughes: Sounds like an RR-3. If it has the jack in the upper wing, then it should be an RR-3 for sure.

Dimebag: Your RR was made sometime in 1998 or possibly 1999. I had a 1998 RR-X that was 190 numbers earlier than yours. Also, I doubt that your guitar is an RR-3, since those didn't have Jackson brand pickups (as far as I know). Does it have the jack in the upper wing? If not, then it isn't an RR-3.

Comment

thanks to all for the answer,my rr doesn't have the jack in the upper wing
                          Last edited by Dimebag; 06-14-2007, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebag View Post
                            thanks to all for the answer,my rr doesn't have the jack in the upper wing
                            Do you live in Europe or AU/NZ? I'm thinking it could be an RR-X...those weren't sold in the USA and are impossible to find in any official brochures. Black hardware? Finish?

Comment

I live in italy.black hardware and finish is something between blue green pearl and deep candy blue,i can't identify the excact finish

Comment

Working...
                              X