Dkmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dkmg

Landed a cobalt blue/silver swirl DKMG( with turbocharger) today, just got done cleaning and setting up and what a killer guitar.HZ H3s while not barn burners they are not bad at all.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

A lot of people like the turbo. What did it cost you, $200? $250?

Comment

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

No pics $235.00 no case.
        The turbo charger is OK cant really tell much difference when using lots of OD but on cleans you can.
        I got this for trade material in the future but its a very nice guitar.I like the carved top very comfy to play.I may try a set of Jim Rolph pickups or WCR's and see what it sounds like with boutique pickups.
        I've played the TOM bridge versions and was never really my thing but with a Floyd they are a different animal.
        Last edited by straycat; 06-03-2007, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Same case with my WRMG: The Turbocharger only seems to make a difference when playing clean sounds. The gain and distortion on my effects processor are set very high to get what I want. Perhaps putting active EMG's in might make a difference? Not sure if you need two batteries to stop speedy power drain though.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 06-04-2007, 10:10 AM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I love my DKMG. I put in active EMG's and removed the Turbo. I had the same reaction to it when it was in there. But I used mostly amp/effect modelers. I am guessing it was really there to overdrive the input of a tube amp. I have been eyeing the cheap pre 2006 DKMG and DKMGT's on ebay. I think $235 is a rediculously good deal. I paid way more than that :-)

Comment

I may try an EMG 60 and 81 set or two Duncan live wires This guitar needs something over the top.
              The pawn shop had it marked $399.00 I offered $235.00 and wakled out with it and a strap (like I need more straps).I'm thinking this one is a 2003 or 2004.

Comment

dang! that is some haggling power! I was lucky to get my KE3 marked £479 down to £379 (price matched a mail order company only because the sale was within 24 hours).
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I've been doing the pawn shop thing for a long time and I know how they operate.Getting to know them and being a regular buyer and not a browser helps.
                  People here always say "I never see any good stuff in a pawn shop" or "its all junk".Well 98% is junk BUT there are times when you luck up and find a cool piece.This shop usually does not have anything good but this guitar had come out of pawn at 8:00 am and I bought it at 11:30 am. so right place right time.

Comment

Are you kidding? The turbo boost on my old DKMGT (with EMG HZ pups) made a LOT of difference IMO. Its 20 dB of gain boost! At its max, it was great for playing lead. But with the TB off, the EMG HZ's could not be used for Rhythm playing on their own. But you DO have the option of reducing the boost if you want so it can be used for rhythm playing. I thought it was good. but the downside is that it also made the guitar very noisy.
                    Sam

Comment

Working...
                    X