DK sustainiac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK sustainiac

I found a 2005 DK1/ flame top with the sustainer system.In 9 out of 10 shape with TKL case.If anyone wants to chime in with pro or cons about this system.The price is $399.00 which I thought was fair so lets have some opinions.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

DK1 or DK2?
    The Sustainiac that comes in the DK2 is a great unit.
    Still trying to score one of the units out of a DK2 if I can find one.
    I've not heard anything negative about them.
    -Rick

Comment

Its a DK2s from what I see in the catalog scans.Flame top in amber.The chrome hardware looks kind if cheesy but is in 9/10 shape.I've been wanting to mess with the sustainer deal and see if I like it.$399.00 seems fair because there is one at a shop across town for $799.00 and no case
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I really like my DK2S. I think the TB4 they paired with it in the guitar is too bright, but I like everything else about it. The Sustainer takes some getting used to but has alot of possibilities.
        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

It's a neat toy, but after owning a Sustainiac I can't find a legitimate musical use for it. I mean, it only sustains until you change notes, and while you can get nice tricks if you slide from note to note on one string, you do have to mute the other strings. If you want to do arpegiated things with the Sustainer, you're going to have a noticeable drop between notes as you mute one and unmute the other.

I suppose you could match it with a pitch effect set for a low background synth tone, but in the normal course of most music, I seriously doubt you'd really get any use out of it.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Great for playing melodies using sustained harmonics and a bar.
            1991 Jackson SL1 custom USA 'smokin' skull'
            1992 Jackson SL1 custom USA 'Bikini Beach'
            EBMM BFR Luke, Ruby Burst
            Ibanez JS1000
            Yamaha SG3000S,Wine Red
            Ovation shallow back 1985 Limited Edition acoustic
            Boogie Dual Recto, Marshall 1960 4X12 cab, Vox Satchurator, 2XMXR M-108 EQs, Keeley DS-1, Keeley TS9DS FLEXI 4X2, Keeley compressor, Morley Wah, Digitech Whammy-1, TC Electronic G-System, DR Z Air Brake and all Evidence Audio Lyric HG cabling.

Comment

musical use or not...
              they are hella fun to goof with
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

i like them. kinda fun to mess with. friend has one and he loves it. he does a lot of rythm and such.

Comment

I have become fernandes dealer, and I am anxious to see how thier unit compares. My first shipment should be here Thursday, so maybe I can do a Jackson PC1 sustainer vs. Fernandez sustainer
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

The PC (Floyd Rose) sustainer kills the Fernandez FSK-401.
                    I've done a side-by-side a couple of times and they are similar in almost all aspects except for power.
                    The PC sustainer has better response and attack than the FSK-401.

The FSK-401 and the Stealth Plus kit that's in the DK2 are almost identical from a performance perspective.
                    The one thing that is lacking on the PC's sustainer is a blend setting for combining fundamental and harmonic tones, but I can live without it.

I'm still considering the FSK-401 for my PC3 though. I like that kit better than the Sustainiac kits.
                    Real simple install.
                    -Rick

Comment

I know you can buy the SustainIAC, which is around £200 or so. I don't know if that includes the switches and battery attachment or not.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

the good ol' sustainer, they are wonderful tools, arent they?
                        Out Of Ideas

Comment

Working...
                        X