No announcement yet.

Newbie's Stealth EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question regarding the stone finish..was there an actual texture feel to it, or was there a sealant over top making it smooth?
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

There is a texture but it's not rough kind of like a satin texture if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
        I have a question regarding the stone finish..was there an actual texture feel to it, or was there a sealant over top making it smooth?
        Are you asking if it had a texture previously? Or if there was one on the guitar after sanding?

Nice sig, BTW. I love Mitch Hedburg.
        My Main Rig:
        '87 Charvel Model 4A
        Peavey KB100 amp
        Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
        '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        '05 Ibanez RG320FM
        '86 Ovation Pinnacle
        '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
        '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I wish you saw this earlier too!!! But to tell the truth I didn't pick the color untill I was literally buying the paint, I work best that way...lol

I used a regular palm sander to get the texture down, it took about 2hours to get the body ready for primer.

And yes the stone finish was textured but still had some satin finish over it.

I think I answered them all!!

Ben

Comment

I had one exactly like that. i love that finish. Too bad i had to get rid of it for bills. stupid bills. congrats on the score and welcome
            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Are you asking if it had a texture previously? Or if there was one on the guitar after sanding?

Nice sig, BTW. I love Mitch Hedburg.

The before granite look texture. thanks
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I'm back!! LOL

Well the Stealth is still running (on 1 pickup tho....I suck at wiring) and it has a new color scheme!!!

And a Family pic...lol

Enjoy!!

Comment

Bump?

Comment

I think it looked better before you put the white on it.
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                    X