Problem of balance in a ke3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem of balance in a ke3

Hi everybody, i 've got a problem in my ke3 made in japan. I can't play if i'm standing up beacuse the guitar is used not to stay balanced with the neck higher than the body, so it's really hard to play execpt when i sit on a chair. I don't know if you understood my english. If you have comprehended please tell me what i could do for this! Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Bruce MacBeth; 05-22-2007, 01:34 PM.
    "And we will always be so much more human than we wish to be..."

It appears most people have the problem you have with the KE3 nosediving and there's an easy fix. There are loads of old threads, including this one

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4771

with useful information. To find the other threads either use the search function or on google try: site:jcfonline.com balance KE3

Why not post pictures of your guitar? They're always appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

forward strap pin through the neckplate. nuff said. don't do it if you plan on selling the guitar. instant depreciation in value.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

thanks a lot! you are so polite! i'm proud to join the jcf family!

this is my gear:
        http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/2765/mygearsf1.jpg
        Last edited by Bruce MacBeth; 05-22-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

by the way, you english is better than most americans. nice stuff!
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
            thanks so muchhh

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
              Especially kelly user! :ROTF:
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Saw that coming ...
                DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Especially kelly user! :ROTF:
                  very funny ron, you never seem to tire of this game of cat and mouse.
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I like the iRONical stuff!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      I like the iRONical stuff!
                      my name is ERIC, in case you ever want to call me something besides kelly user.

Comment

The problem with putting the strap button at the neck plate location is that the guitar leans forward. The balance is fixed but the leaning forward is most annoying when playing standing up. My solution was to put the strap button in the traditional place. on the side of the body on the short horn right in the middle. Balance is perfect and the guitar doesn't lean forward at all.

Comment

The ultimate Kelly balance fixer:

-Get a piece of 1-inch pipe, about 6 inches long.

-Plug one end of the pipe. Best thing would be to weld a metal slug on the end.

-Get a brazing torch and some lead fishing weights. Melt the lead and fill the pipe with it.

-Get a 1-inch hole saw. Drill as far as you can with that (usually about 3 inches) into the tail of the guitar, centered on the rear strap pin.

-Get a 1-inch auger bit and finish drilling the depth you need to put in the pipe, plus about a half-inch. If the pipe isn't a tight fit anf rattles around a little bit, put some wood glue in the hole first.

-Make a 1-inch wood plug, about a half-inch thick (or however much depth you have after the pipe is installed. Easiest way to do this is with a 1-1/4" hole saw with the center drill taken out.

-Plug the large hole. Re-drill your strap pin hole. Re-finish if you want to, but you won't be able to see the plug when you've got a strap on the guitar.

This method adds about one pound to the weight of your guitar, but also increases its natural sustain quite dramatically.
                          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Moshwitz had a cool idea in this old thread.
                            http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...ighlight=Kelly
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks for all, but i think i'm gonna have thi fixation done by an expert person, i'm afraid to make it on my own

Comment

Working...
                              X