pickup change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup change?

i'm planning on buying a jackson js-30 guitar this summer and i was wondering if it would be worth it to change the stock pickups in it to EMG HZ H4's? i mean would there really be a big difference in tone or sound?
    or should i just leave it alone?

Originally posted by guitarguy78 View Post
    i'm planning on buying a jackson js-30 guitar this summer and i was wondering if it would be worth it to change the stock pickups in it to EMG HZ H4's? i mean would there really be a big difference in tone or sound?
    or should i just leave it alone?
    why do you want to put a h4 in?
    if you are into active pickups, just get a real EMG
    its just my .2

Comment

The big difference will be adding active EMGs, not HZ. Pick an EMG 81 or 85 and you will get a better tone definitely. vbmenu_register("postmenu_924697", true);
      Light Lies Trailer
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
      www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

for the kind of money you would spend on the HZs and the js30, upgrade to a dx10 and get the duncan designed pups and a made in Japan guitar as opposed to indonesia. The designed pups are much better then hzs. To me they have no tone.

Comment

Yeah

The DD and the DX10 wins...

Comment

if i did a pickup change it would be the hz's because i don't have to money for active emg's and i don't have the money either to pick a different guitar

Comment

Originally posted by guitarguy78 View Post
              if i did a pickup change it would be the hz's because i don't have to money for active emg's and i don't have the money either to pick a different guitar
              Save a bit moreand get a pro series anything
              are you buying your first guitar?

Comment

no this won't be my first guitar..but it will be my first jackson! right now i have and LTD EX-400 with active emg's. and i want this jackson i'm getting just because it's a good amount of money for a good guitar and it still has good features

Comment

look into used, the js30 price is kind of steep, damn near $400 you could a model series charvel, or a dk2 for that much
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                    look into used, the js30 price is kind of steep, damn near $400 you could a model series charvel, or a dk2 for that much

have you tried a dk2? i'm a/bing either getting the dk2 or some ltd say the 400 series

Comment

the js30 is a good guitar for a beginner. not worth upgrading. Besides the hz4 and active emgs are the same price new. js30 $330+200 for hzs new. dx10 $440 new. see my point? If you are not a beginner don't let your first jackson be from indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                        I have to disagree with that, the JS30 series goes for around $300 on the internet - brand new. I know because i just got one . If you are in Europe, have a look at www.thomann.de, they were great to me.

The stock pickups on my JS30 RR are pretty good, but seeing as you already have active EMGs on your LTD i don't know how they will sound to you (i am assuming here that you are not a pro).

Something that i just need to point out: the EX-400 looks like a better guitar on paper. What is it that you want from the JS30? I too would advise you to save up a bit and get a better Jackson model. Of course i just did exactly the opposite, but i had my reasons, and the JS30 after all is a good instrument for the money .

Which one are you getting? Dinky, Kelly, King V, Rhoads, Warrior?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          the js30 is a good guitar for a beginner. not worth upgrading. Besides the hz4 and active emgs are the same price new. js30 $330+200 for hzs new. dx10 $440 new. see my point? If you are not a beginner don't let your first jackson be from indonesia.
                          he is closer to the right price, i haven't tried a dk2 but i have a dk2m and damn its sweet as honey. i would think it is close in playablity, but as for the sound, i think a dk2 wouldn't sound as bright.

i see dk2 sell on ebay for pretty cheap every now and again. why would you want HZ pick ups anyways they suck even more the regular EMGs, why not try some duncans or Dimarzios. i want to have a look-see at those new deactivator dimarzions
                          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I would just hold off if I were you and get a better quality guitar rather than a cheap guitar you can upgrade (not that there is anything wrong with that). The guitar you have now is probably pretty good. If you are going to upgrade, upgrade.
                            I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X