Kevin Bond RR VS RR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Bond RR VS RR24

Hey guys i have 2 KBRR 's and am thinking of trading one in for an RR24, i just wanted to know if anyone has played the KBRR and the RR24 and can let me know about the RR24 asides from the obvious like the floyd and the EMG. im more concerned about the neck the tone and the quality . cuz i love the way the KBRR plays thanks

Don't know but I'd like to get a KBRR someday.

Comment

I heard that the RR24s are not that big deal, because of the light woods, the chip floyd rose, the MOTO inlays and the poor paintjob. As far as I can remember I have never heard nothing bad about those Bonds signatures, the only thing I don't like very much are the plastic inlays.
      Light Lies Trailer
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
      www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

They should sound very differently. KBRR is all mahogany with stop tail bridge, and RR24 is maple neck through alder with a Floyd. This is speculation on my part, but logically, the KBRR should have a much darker tone.

Comment

I'm pretty sure, that the KBRR will have a better tone.
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
            I heard that the RR24s are not that big deal, because of the light woods, the chip floyd rose, the MOTO inlays and the poor paintjob.

I assume "chip" floyd rose was supposed to be "cheap", but the RR24 has an Original Floyd Rose. For many this is a significant upgrade.

And as for the bad paint jobs, I may not have this correct, but aren't all the complaints about the paint job coming from those that have the "Limited" ie mistake models? Or did I imagine this....

BTW I havn't played either one so I can't comment, but I am very interested in getting an RR24 so I'm keeping an eye on discussions about them.

Karl

Comment

I have one of the limited run RR24 and I don't think it is cheap at all. The paint is pretty nice as well as the rest of the guitar. I own LOTS of USA made guitars like Jackson, BC Rich, PRS, as well as some custom ESP's and this RR24 fits in just fine as far as quality goes. For comparison, I had a KV-4 for about a week and that was a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                I heard that the RR24s are not that big deal, because of the light woods
                I betcha the Bond Rhoads is lighter due to its chambered construction. It is super light.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Danacus View Post
                  I have one of the limited run RR24 and I don't think it is cheap at all. The paint is pretty nice as well as the rest of the guitar. I own LOTS of USA made guitars like Jackson, BC Rich, PRS, as well as some custom ESP's and this RR24 fits in just fine as far as quality goes. For comparison, I had a KV-4 for about a week and that was a POS.
                  hello- hope you didn't take my above comment the wrong way about the "cheap" FL, I just was correcting the other poster. I think he was saying the RR24 had the cheaper lisenced floyd when it actually has an OFR.

I'm glad to hear the paint job is nice. I kinda figured we were only hearing from those few who got ones with slight defects. You know how that goes, people that don't have a problem are seldom heard from and those with issues are the most vocal.

I'm still waiting for my tax return, but I plan on ordering a RR24 when it gets here

Karl

Comment

There was some complaining about the Floyd on the RR24 beacuse it is made by some newer licensee to Floyd Rose that is making them. But I think the Floyd is fine, and the seperate easy access box to the EMG battery is a definitly plus; no more stripping out the wooden holes for the control cavity cover by having to get in there to check the battery.

Comment

That Floyd is made by Ping. Ping was always cheap shit, but it seems they're doing better these days. I believe Schaller still makes the Original Floyd, but Mr. Rose also lets Ping make them now as well, and I think it's a lighter and cheaper metal.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Apparently it's not a PING after all....PING have a "licensed..." written on it. Like this:

Comment

Interesting. I thought someone here got a new Jackson that said it was a Ping. I know Fender used to use the Ping Floyds, but they didn't say "licensed" on them, they just had that weird symbol stamped by the arm socket, like shown here.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

from what i understand the RR24 comes with an OFR (Schaller made) NOT a Ping floyd. Jackson's website (which, i understand isnt always correct) says Original Floyd, and all the pictures ive seen have an OFR on the guitar. if i got an RR24 and it had a Ping, i would raise hell. i wouldnt want to spend 1200 on a guitar and it not have an OFR, even though the Pings are supposed to be almost as good as an OFR. the Pings dont have the Licesnsed stamp on them anymore, either, but you can tell its a Ping by the logo stamped next to the arm.

i still want an RR24... just gotta wait.
                            My metal band Lucian Scott
                            Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                            Available Now!
                            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by memphiskat View Post
                              I assume "chip" floyd rose was supposed to be "cheap", but the RR24 has an Original Floyd Rose. For many this is a significant upgrade.

And as for the bad paint jobs, I may not have this correct, but aren't all the complaints about the paint job coming from those that have the "Limited" ie mistake models? Or did I imagine this....

BTW I havn't played either one so I can't comment, but I am very interested in getting an RR24 so I'm keeping an eye on discussions about them.

Karl
                              Sure, it was "cheap", my mistake. And for the paintjob, yes, the comment was for the limited run which is the best one IMO, 'cause I don't like very much black binding on an almost black ebony fretboard.
                              Light Lies Trailer
                              www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
                              www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

Working...
                              X