Jackson Fusion Ex On The Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Fusion Ex On The Way

I bought what appears to be a 92-95 Jackson Fusion Ex with a case for $215. It is a local seller so i am going by to pick it up tomorrow. It was described and appears to be near perfect condition. Should be a fun one to add to the collection.

Last edited by satch0922; 05-11-2007, 06:38 PM.

nice one! Congrats.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!! I love mine-great guitar!! Your thread reminds me that I need to take/post some pics. Mine's also in pristine condition! Nice score and mucho congrats!!
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I picked up the guitar today and it has very minor wear and tear.....the paint is near perfect. The individual I bought it from got it at a pawn shop with a few other guitars with the intention of reselling them so understandably the guitar was not set up correctly. In fact it would be safe to say it has not been played in a LONG time.

I began dismantling the guitar for cleaning, set up and new strings and found an issue. The lower post for the bridge was loose and the hole was "wallowed" out. This caused the bridge to move forward just enough so the it was touching the pick guard and binding against it. I took the trem, posts and the inserts that the posts screw into out. I inserted a very small sliver of wood into the front of the hole, put a generous amount of wood glue in and then tapped the insert back down into the guitar. I will let it set over night before I reassemble the guitar. I am hoping this will fix that issue and things will be ok.

Other than that problem the guitar is as new. I am looking forward to getting it up and running.

Comment

I found the same prob when I first brought my import Hamer home & broke it down. Pushed toothpicks into the gap in front of the insert until the hole was filled, cut them off level with the top of the insert, and Bob's yer uncle! Been solid as a rock since. Unless you're looking for it, can't even really notice the repair either
          Hail yesterday

Comment

well if that method doesn't work I will fill it and re-drill the hole.

I will restring it on Monday and see how it sets up.

Comment

I fixed the issue with the loose bridge post.
              I took it apart so I could do a proper set up and install new strings. Let me say...I am VERY impressed with the tone and playability of this guitar. I have two Japan model Jacksons made in the early 90's and they are very very good guitars. They seem to be made better and most importantly...sound better than the newer Japan made Jacksons (and yes I have a new one as well),

Anyhow if any of you are thinking of picking up a Jackson "dinky" style guitar and can get your hands on one of the 90's "Professional" models ....DO IT. You will get a very nice guitar for chump change.

-B

Comment

Working...
              X