Reverse Cobalt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Cobalt

Look what i found at work. Looks to be a 98,99 JRS2 in cobalt blue.
    All original. Maple board and revers headstock. I think I can get used to the Wilkinson again too. The only thing ive dont to it so far is replace the satin chrome bar and fitting with the ones i had from a black one i had layin around. The original bar is MIA and the tightening bushing was cracked and busticated so i just swapped them. I cleaned her all up and set her up. It sounds pretty good with orgibal Armstrong pup. But I'm thinking of swapping it for a JB or maybe a 500t i have layin around I may try both to see which sounds better. It resonates and sustains for ever. So im thinking with a better pup this will be a monster. *does happy dance*
    oh yeah Pics

The JRS2 said "Professional" on the headstock?
    Was it refinished?
    Very cool guitar though.
    -Rick

Comment

It was a limited run for GC. The body says JRS2 in the neck cavity. As did the discription of the same seriel number in the computer at work. Aparently the guy who bought it got it at my store new and then sold it back to us last saturday. So i ran the seriel number and it came back to the exact description of this guitar. And said it was : Jackson JRS2 SPC maple Blue"
      was the description on the computer at work. So I believe it to be as i stated above. Anybldy know anytin else about the JRS2 run for GC?

Comment

I own two JRS-2s. One that was just like that until I obtained a Trans-black one. I did a neckswaptome. I've always got my eye out for more of them. They're great guitars!!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

You found it at work??? I need that job...
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
            You found it at work??? I need that job...
            Working at GC does have its benefits.

Comment

I have the trans white body not sure if it's the JRS-1 or 2. Bought the loaded body and still looking for that maple reversed neck, probably never find one for sale. May just slap a model 1 neck on or a model 7 neck. Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Well i put a JB in it. And I was right its a tone monster. But i may keep tryin other pups i have just to find the right combo.
                Gil

Comment

Sweet! I've never seen one in that color.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is a brilliant color. And the reverse headstock with the maple fret board looks great. Nice score.

Comment

Well i tried a Gibson pup in it. I grabbed a 500T i had laying around and well its a winner. Sounds perfect in this guitar. Its hot and articulate. Deffinately a keeper now.

Comment

Working...
                      X