MM1 bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM1 bridge?

According to the catalog and Jackson's online spec sheet, the MM1 is supposed to have the Schaller 456 bridge, but Schaller says otherwise.

Anyone know what bridge it really is? It looks like a Gotoh.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

It's most certainly not a 456. This is what the Schaller 456 looks like (fine tuners and all):

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Jackson also specs the guitar as having jumbo frets when we know it's got medium jumbo like the KV2. Big surprise they don't have the specs right, huh? :ROTF:
      The bridge is probably a Gotoh or Schaller. Sometimes there's a brand name on the bottom of the stoptail, so check that out when you change strings. I haven't changed mine yet, but I've been kinda curious as to what brand it was, not that it really matters to me anyway.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's the standard JT-390 tune-o-matic. Isn't it?

Comment

Yeah, but who actually makes it? I don't think Jackson makes their own. And the JT-390 has been changed at least once throughout the years. I've got a '94 Dinky HX with what's known as the JT-390, but it's thinnner than the current one and also has a retaining wire across it.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Must be Gotoh. I looked below both of my JT-390 and both are stamped "103B".
            I found out that Gotoh has a tune-o-matic bridge called "GE103B". At least it's mentioned in the 2002 Gotoh catalogue.

Link to the Gotoh catalogue page: http://rz-home.de/~jweber0/gotoh_p18b.jpg
            Last edited by busdriver; 04-10-2007, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X