Jackson Stars Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars Help

Hey guy, im kinda new here, and I was just wondering if you could tell me more about Jackson Stars guitars.
    I know that they are made in Japan and can be customised, but I would like to know to what extent you can customise it, how much it roughly costs, how long it takes to make and how the overall quality of the guitar is.
    I’ve asked quite a few people but no one seems to know enough to give me solid answers and some people haven’t heard of the Jackson stars. So yea, that’s why I came here. Since I’ve heard quite a lot of good stuff about you guys and from reading your posts, I can see your all very knowledgeable about all things Charvel/Jackson.

So yea, I hope you can help me out
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    User01

Welcome!
    How about if you use search? You will be amazed at how much you will find .

Comment

I belong to quite a few forums, and I know what you said is the normal response for someone that is asking a question that has been asked many times before, but I did search and I couldn’t find everything that I wanted. So I was just wondering if someone could just write a few lines answering my question. I just want like 3 or 4 lines, that’s it.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help out
      Thanks!

Comment

it could be helpful to make jackson stars general info a sticky as well
        ----------
        Gear Action - Washburn Dime 2ST Pro, BC Rich NT Jr. V w/EMG, Dean DFH/CFH, Dean V-Coustic, Jackson USA KV2, Peavey 5150 II, Randall 412CXM, BBE 362 Sonic maximizer, Alesis 3630 noise gate

Comment

Everything you asked has been answered before, what couldn't you find? Anyway, here's again

1.) you can check the official site www.jacksonstars.com and see what are the available semi-custom options. there's also possibility to order a FULL custom shop Jackson Stars.
          2.) check the prices on Ikebe-Gakki page to get clearer picture of prices:
          http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_...=1&page_cnt=48
          3.) Semi-custom Jackson Stars takes about 3-4months to build, I guess it also depends on how much you change the basic specs
          4.) I have a Jackson Stars RR-J2SP and Jackson Rhoads PRO (everyone knows how good the old PRO series were). Quality of both instruments is same and they are both pretty high-end IMO .

Search for "Jackson Stars" and "Jacksonstars"

What kind of Jackson Stars do you want? Where are you from btw?

Originally posted by sandbag View Post
          it could be helpful to make jackson stars general info a sticky as well
          I'm thinking that we should do that too. More and more people keep asking about Jackson Stars.

Comment

Thanks for the help dude. Im from the United Kingdom and i was looking at jackson stars because i want a cheap custom. Anyways, i checked those other Stars on ikebe-gakki. i couldnt really find one that was similar to my specs, so i think im going to have to order a full custom.

how much do you think it would cost for a guitar with the following specs, and how long do you think it would take to make?

btw, how do you order a custom jackson stars? who do you order it from?

im sorry for all the noobish questions, im just new to all this.
            anyways, heres the specs for my dream jackson...

Body Shape: Jackson Soloist
            Headstock Shape: Reversed Soloist Headstock
            Body Wood: Mahogany
            Neck Wood: Maple
            Fretboard Wood: 24 Fret Ebony
            Top Wood: 5A Flame Maple
            Body Options: Natural Binding
            Neck Options: White Binding
            Inlays: MOP Pirhana Inlays
            Neck Specifications: Thin Flat, 11/16" Nut
            Fret Size: 6100
            Pickups: EMG 81 (B) EMG 85 (N)
            Bridge: OFR
            Controls: 1xVol & 3-way pickup selector (strat style)
            Body Finish: See-Through Black Gloss
            Neck Finish: Clear Satin
            Neck Construction: Neck Through

Comment

I'm not sure if the body binding, thin neck profile, choice of your own fretsize (if it's not what they use-I have no idea which they use) and controls of your choice are available for semi-custom. And full custom Jackson Stars costs as much as the Jackson USA CS, but they will make it quicker. Anyway, I may be full of shit.

If you want a semi-custom/custom Jackson Stars, you should order it through Ishibashi music store.
              http://www.ishibashi-music.com/

contact them and give them your specs, they'll answer you .

Comment

Naz-

They added fret type to the semi-custom/custom order form this year. Not sure about body binding.

User01-

Click on my username and scroll down to "Find More Posts by QuantumRider". I've translated the semicustom/custom order forms, as well as provided ordering info and such in the past.

Hope this helps,
                QR
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Hello everybody!
                  I am new here too. I live in France and I am interested in getting a SL-J2 lefty.
                  To order a non custom guitar, should I mail the guy at http://www.ishibashi-music.com/ or is there another way?

Jackson rules!

Comment

Emaling Ishibashi and Ikebe-Gakki is the easiest way. Ishibashi probably won't have any in stock and you'll have to wait for one, but I think they'll give you better price .

Comment

Working...
                    X