Just Ordered My Dinky Reverse XL? Greenburst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Ordered My Dinky Reverse XL? Greenburst

It's the one with the offset dots, reverse headstock and awesome quilted maple top. Looks like she's in pretty good condition. I'll know in four or five days. I paid more than I wanted too, but I've heard great things about these guitars. Not sure if it's an "xl" or not. I do believe it was made in Japan.

It has the rails for the bridge pickup I think, then the standard poles in the neck. Anybody own one of these? What can I look forward too? Good and bad?

XL has sharkies, so it can´t be that.

It sounds like this:

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...4-95Page11.htm

The floyd is pretty bad, but that can be changed.

Comment

Yep, regular Dinky Reverse. I had one in candy apple green and another in a deep purple. And the old JT-580LP Floyds are fine.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've

I've got one. Really like it. Deep purple with a Full Shred set and a real Floyd. The JT580 is crap. Get a OFR or a Schaller Floyd for it. Real thin neck...probably their thinnest.

Comment

I have one of the Brown sunbursts. It's been my main guitar and has been beat to hell since the day I bought it 13 years ago. Still going strong. The only things that have been replaced are the pickups ( a few months ago) and the input jack (about 40 times over the years).

I've been drunk and fallen on top of it a few times. Threw it at my singer twice. And swung it around by the whammy bar countless times. These pics are very recent and she still looks great after all the abuse.

You've bought a sturdy guitar my friend.

My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

+1 on "probably the thinnest" necks
            +1 on replacing pickups. The dual rail hum pickup is known for being muddy and having too much bass.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
              How about Stealths? I´ve heard those have the thinnest. I´ve got Stealth Pro coming in soon, and my friend has Dinky Reverse.. we´ll know better soon.

Comment

I think the Fusions and the JTX are thinner than the Dinky Reverse. Not sure about the Stealths.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I think the Fusions and the JTX are thinner than the Dinky Reverse. Not sure about the Stealths.
                  Fusion has thicker than DR. Catalogs say 19mm vs. 17mm, but the difference ain´t that big.

Comment

I had a black one back in the 90s that came stock with a Jackson branded Schaller. GREAT guitar.
                    DiMarzio Endorsee
                    www.dimarzio.com
                    Morley Endorsee
                    www.morley.com
                    "Intelli-Shred" author
                    www.myspace.com/intellishred
                    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
                      I've got one. Really like it. Deep purple with a Full Shred set and a real Floyd. The JT580 is crap. Get a OFR or a Schaller Floyd for it. Real thin neck...probably their thinnest.
                      Sweet. I'm into the thinner necks. I'll post pics once it arrives. Kind of holding my breath the guy said there were a couple of dings on it, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                        +1 on replacing pickups. The dual rail hum pickup is known for being muddy and having too much bass.
                        All I can say is THIN NECK, and the dual rain pickup has TONS of harmonics and is amazing. I am extremely impressed and surprised, the guitar rocks, but the neck is all gross. Not the fretboard but the back of it, it's all grimy .

Comment

Working...
                        X