jackson kelly newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson kelly newbie

Hi all, im new here and just purchased my first kelly. I WAS mainly a telecaster guy. Ive got 5 of them. Almost got a 6th but have always wanted a kelly so i got this one coming. Im told its a limited run, if someones got any info on it , it would be way kool. I think i got a pretty good deal on it. I paid $474. Its supposed to arrive monday !!! If i mess up posting the pic, sorry!!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ycamofrnt3.jpg

Hello newbie. Congrats on the camo Kelly.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Kind of a strange jump from tele's to a Kelly...?

Congrats.
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Whoooahhh, beautiful camo Kelly... looks killer....
        We want more pics... and a review please...
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

yay! another kelly owner. congrats!
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

congratz! kelly's rule!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
              Kind of a strange jump from tele's to a Kelly...?

Congrats.
              Thanks guys, ya, it does sound kinda strange. Basically im a wanna be guitar whore. lol ! Ive got an lp, and a j5 acoustic autographed by john 5, aswell as some other stuff. If it was up to me, i'd have a h?ll of alot more in my aresenal but unfortuntely my cash flow says otherwise. lol ! Ive got alot more pix of it but i cant quite figure out how to post them here without sending you guys to photobucket. I'll give a review of it as soon as it gets here. Ive always wanted one ever since i had the opportunity to work at Jackson when they were in Glendora. i got fired cuz i sucked at shaping necks. Its a good thing im hetero lol !

Comment

I get it, Kelly rhymes with Tele.
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Great finish on that one

Comment

Congrats on the Kelly. I have the exact same finish and you are the first I've seen with it outside of me. Plays great, though the pup's left a lot to be desired. I ended up switching them out for SD SH-6's, which made the guitar my favorite. You won't be disappointed.
                    "... and is there anyone out there who can sing music beyond either the Dead/Phish/jam band of the week

or

obscure B-side GreatWhiteLionSnake demos recorded in the basement of some guy who was the girlfriend's second cousin's in-law's best man?

I swear to God, if we audition another American Idol wannabee or have another no show, I'll turn postal. I'm a donkey on the frickin' edge."

Comment

Yeah, welcome That's like going from a singlewide to a doublewide. Trailer, that is.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

heh............... look at the name <<<<<<<
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

update

I finally got it!!! The neck is awesome, but i already knew it would be. They set it up for me , but im not sure if they stretched the strings cuz i had to turn the fine tuners practically all the way in to get it in tune(whole step down). After that, i yanked on it and it stayed in tune. The only thing im not diggin is the pups, they gotta go, aswell as relocating the upper strap button due to neck dive, but other than that, its definately a whole new beast altogether.

Comment

If you move the upper strap button to right where the neck joins the body it doesn't dive at all.
                            Scott

Comment

hmmmm..... kinda of vague there spivonious. are you following my advice?
                              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                              X