Price difference for Jackson Fusion and Charvel Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price difference for Jackson Fusion and Charvel Fusion

I've bought a few Charvel Fusions before and spent upwards of $300 but when I went to sell my Jackson Fusion for $299 no bites. Do people regard the Charvel Fusions as a better guitar or something. BTW my Fusion is a Jackson Fusion Standard from 1993/1994 with color matching headstock. Since I have both I don't see much difference only the Charvel has chrome hardware which to me that would be a downgrade.

The way people are staying away from my items it's like I have the plague. This guitar was immaculate and the Charvels I've boughten were in need of parts or was the typical chip in the headstock, whereas my Jackson Fusion is flawless. Any opinions?

Sorry if it's coming across like I am using this post to sell this thing, I am, but not here, I just want to know why I see Charvel Deluxes selling for over $400 and mine which is in incredible condition gets no bites...

Most Charvel Fusions I have seen don't sell in the $400 range. Most are $300 and less, some on Craigslist have gone for as little as $175 in excellent condition.

Your guitar has the JT-580 trem, which is not very desirable to most, and is likely why it isn't getting bites.

If you were to change the trem to a JT-590, or drop your price into the $225 - $250 range, I'm sure it would sell.

Comment

I was thinking about buying yours but ended up passing due to the trem. The earlier models have Schallers and go for similar amounts of money.

Comment

Same here actually. I would also prefer a 2H but one with singles with the other trem would have tempted me.

Comment

The JT-590 is a nice feature you get with an older Fusion. I also like the H-S pickup config better, as well as the "normal" dot inlays on the Charvel.

On your Jackson, I like the matching headstock.

All in all, I have 3 Fusions. A stock Deluxe, a stock 1990 Jackson Pro with bound ebony neck and sharkies, and a hybrid 1990 Jackson Pro neck and Charvel Deluxe body.

Comment

That looks in great shape, my guess is also that it's the trem, I'm only interested in the strat scale guitars but the same thing applies.

As a seller I could see how frustrating it is that these great quality guitars, (Japanese Jackson/Charvels in general) go for so little, But for buyers it's a good thing!!!

Comment

Supply and demand at its best!

You've bought several Charvel Fusions (=high demand) but want to sell your Jackson Fusion (=supply)... that leads to a high price for Charvels and low price for Jacksons.

[/smartass comments]
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Shadowcat, I hear you about the supply demand thing.

Fiat here is the most recent sold Charvel Fusion on Ebay. Sold exactly at $400 with a whopping $60 for shipping, when I type in my shipping info it says $75 for shipping. The body is dinged to hell, missing a trem bar, missing plates and truss rod cover. This is the "typical" scenario I see.

I love maple fretboards more than the next guy, and I still want one if only to swap onto my orange Charvel Fusion to make that guitar complete. But besides the maple fretboard, maybe the lesson is (player guitar beat up and banged around=demand) (imacculate guitar for a higher price than the average beat up crap=supply)
                Last edited by Jackson-Charvel; 03-25-2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

You can never tell what someone is willing to pay for something.

Your example there with the maple neck was pretty beat up, and I didn't think it would go for anywhere near that. Go figure.
                  Must have been the maple neck.
                  The silver sparkle one from Carrguitar that just sold for $304, was in far better condition.

This one on Craigslist for $400 obo. looks like a nice one and has the JT-590 trem, it's a 1989.
                  http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/msg/297445095.html

It has been for sale for a while.

There is a Fusion for sale on ebay right now that is identical to yours, but in red. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
                  He has a $400 BIN, and it has a few dings. Let's see what happens with that one.

Comment

Jackson Fusion Standard

Sold $400 buy it now, and an extra $45 to ship. My theory still holds true

Comment

Jackson Fusion Standard

Buy it now $379.95

Comment

Mine @ $299 I got butt kiss

Comment

All the fusions appear to be going up, I still have 3 of mine left, A 90 Jackson fusion pro, and a couple Charvels, a special and a fusion plus, I figure the Pro is probable getting into the 500+ range and the special under 300 and the Fusion Plus about 350 or better,
                          Last edited by FusionFarmer; 03-31-2007, 09:20 AM.
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Fusion Farmer what is the one on the far left? Fusion Plus? Never heard of it before. Strange seeing a Charvel with an angled baseplate trem (TRS). If the Fusions are going up, why doesn't that apply to mine? It's like I can't give this thing away and I won't.

Comment

Fusion Farmer are you also saying the Fusion Plus with the TRS trem would be worth more than the Fusion Special (I am assuming it has a JT-590 as that's what it looks like it has)? If that's the case then the whole theory of a JT-590 commanding a higher price is thrown out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X