• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover Jackson Soloist special

Hello,

i have just received this Grover Jackson Soloist from ISHIBASHI

It appear to be a Soloist custom special of 92
    http://www.jacksonguitar.org/cat/cat93b.html

This guitar play really great (it's feel like a soloist pro but better) and it have a JE-1550 preamp, which seems to work like a midrange boost with a wha wha tone

Does someone have more information on this preamp ??

Thanks

Very cool. I like the H/s layout. Nice color too. Those GJ's were exclusive for the Japan market only but some made it too the US one way or another. I think you mean the JE1500 preamp. Unless Grover desinged his own after he left Jackson as a similar preamp and just called it the JE1550 so not to get sued.
    Gil

Comment

Gil, you sure that's a H/s layout there?! That preamp was an envelope filter. With the mini toggle on, it allows you to select a mid range frequency and boost it to no end. Sort of like a fixed wah. When the toggle is reversed, the circuit acts as a regular mid range boost and (surprisingly) turning the second knob down increases the mids, turning it up decreases them.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

whoopo syour right. i only looked at the first pic and the angle with my screen it looked like a s in the neck. But i see with a second look its a hum in the neck. My bad. Still a cool guitar tho. *looks for his glasses* oh wait i dont wear any. Go figure

Comment

Welcome to the board. Having an unsual guitar sure is a good introduction!

Originally posted by nonoxxx View Post
          i have just received this Grover Jackson Soloist from ISHIBASHI
          Did you have a good experience with Ishibashi? I mean, did they package the guitar well, etc.?

Nice looking axe, BTW!

Comment

Thanks for your reply,

The pickup layout is one hum at the bridge (seymmour tb5), and two single coils at the neck( it's original but I think I will swap the two single coils for a hum).

Ishibashi is a serious dealer. I bought it on the used gear page at ishibashi , it cost me 550 euro taxes and shipping cost to France included, the guitar has 3 little dings on the body and one on the point of the headstock the rest of the guitar seem not used (floyd ,neck is perfect).
            It's an amazing price considering that in japan the guitar cost 350 euros ,
            and in France for 550 euros you have an used DKMG.
            The staff at ishibashi send me pictures of the dings before I confirm the order and the guitar take 4 days to arrive.

The only down side is that the set up of the guitar is real bad ,if you look at the pictures the intonation is not set, and the nut is too low (some buzz on the firts frets) but a good tech can fix it.

I recommend you to take a look at their used gear, there is really good deals on gibsons, jackson ,edwards (there is also one caparison angelus at a vary good prices)

wow my post is long

Comment

Originally posted by nonoxxx View Post
              Ishibashi is a serious dealer. I bought it on the used gear page at ishibashi , it cost me 550 euro taxes and shipping cost to France included, the guitar has 3 little dings on the body and one on the point of the headstock the rest of the guitar seem not used (floyd ,neck is perfect).
              It's an amazing price considering that in japan the guitar cost 350 euros ,
              and in France for 550 euros you have an used DKMG.
              The staff at ishibashi send me pictures of the dings before I confirm the order and the guitar take 4 days to arrive.
              Thanks for the quick response!

I have a custom Jackson Stars on order from Ishibashi - should be ready in June - which is why I was wondering how you found the service; it's not like I can change the order at this stage anyway, but everytime someone says something good about them, I feel better!

Comment

@ken
                A custom jackson stars I think it will be my next order too, the order of the Grover was a test.

You have not to worry about your order, I have nerver heard complaint about ishibashi. They answer quikly to the mails , the packaging of the guitar is serious (it's also insured).
                IKEBE are also serious but they do not take credit card (only bank transfert) and take more times to answer to emails.

Comment

the lead guitarrist on my previous band had one of those guitars. The infamous JE-0005 Switch. It really sound like a Wah-Wah.

The funny things is, this guy bought the guitar when he was living in Japan. After moving back to Brazil, we started this band, and it was only 3 or 4 years later I've asked him: what does this swtich do? He didn't even know.... Amazing guitar. To this day, I've never seen or played on a better neck.
                  '86 Jackson Custom Soloist
                  '02 Ibanez S1220 Prestige
                  '03 Ibanez RG2820 CTVV Prestige Ltd Edition
                  '02 ESP LTD MC-600 Max Cavalera Signature

Comment

Also, the pickups on his guitar were the J-200 and S-6F (mounted like a humbucker) on the neck, and a J-95 on the bridge.
                    '86 Jackson Custom Soloist
                    '02 Ibanez S1220 Prestige
                    '03 Ibanez RG2820 CTVV Prestige Ltd Edition
                    '02 ESP LTD MC-600 Max Cavalera Signature

Comment

Working...
                    X