just bought a ke-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just bought a ke-3

picking it up tommorow. cost me 379 quid + train fare. leicester based sound control actually wanted 479 , but i got em to price beat another shop by 20 quid. anyone wanting pix or have you seen enough already?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Oh come on man. Haven't you learned yet?

Comment

pics of course.. didn't even say what finish it is!
      äss howl

Comment

black. it's the 2006 version with real duncans. i only walked in near closing time. saw it, picked it up and slammed my deposit down, knowing how fast the last pro or mg series jackson left the shop. it was instinct. then i got back to nottingham an hour later and saw the girlfriend about to board the train to leicester on the opposite platform. whoops. i'm gonna have to sneak this guitar home...
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

i'm amazed i got this thing home in one piece. i was promised it would be packed nicely. no polystyrene pads or fillings, just a fucking box! all i need now is to figure out which position will be best for the forward strap pin and the usual missing tremolo arm.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

there is a thread on the strap button................. some say to place it when one of the screws from the neck joint, but i like putting it on the top of the neck joint where you can see the neck meet the body.
            http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...9/SSPX0084.jpg
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

did you drill that first or just screw it straight in? i want to avoid the paint splitting/cracking. what size drill did you use, if any?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

nope, i just used a steady hand and a good screwdriver. Put a small piece of clear tape where your going to put the button, if you don't want to crack the paint. although mine didnt. The clear on those chips very fast mind you
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

unlike my other jackson which played like a dream for 14 months, this one really needs a setup already. it sounds ok but is proving difficult to shred with. too bad i didn't get this axe thru p.o.s, as the setup would've been included. if i can't get on with her, i may swap her for a 2006 dk2.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I always wanted a kelly, but the new RR24 ( ) has completely diverted my GAS needs. Looks good either way man.

Comment

Prices in the UK are unreal, but I guess you guys are used to it by now.

Comment

no, we uk people are just miserable bastards who love whinging! . my next guitar will be thru mail order. p.o.s (birmingham) does insured delivery. i just have to be nice to my mum, i.e.: give her the cash, she uses her credit card or paypal account. . in comparison to the US, we still pay more, and the things we want are harder to find.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

oh, just in case my £400 guitar is a fake, the serial is 9780682.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            no, we uk people are just miserable bastards who love whinging! .
                            whinging poms! At least the Ashes are over with for the summer so the place isn't crawling with them anymore
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats! Black hardware looks great.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X