Identifying the model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying the model

Hey everyone I'm new here. Browsed a few times before and decided to join. I need help identifying my Jackson. I bought a Kelly online not too long ago but I can't figure out which one it is. The headstock only says Jackson in yellow font (which is weird most I've seen are white but I have seen a few yellow). There's no serial number anywhere on the guitar that I could find. It has a floating bridge that says "Overload of Music" on it. There's one tone and one volume knob. The humbuckers have no indication of what type they are either (thats mainly why I want to know). It's 24 frets, with the shark fin inlays. My friend thinks it's the KE-3 which he said is the Japanese version but I looked on the Jackson site and the one on there has only the volume knob from what I can tell. I've kind of wondered if someone made it and stuck a Jackson neck on it? The guy I bought it from didn't know anything either. You can see a few pictures here http://flickr.com/photos/kreugerburns/

The floating bridge is a really nasty Floyd copy (I unfortunately ended up with one) I don't think any Jackson would have left the factory with that on it, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure about the rest of it.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Chinese copy.
      All the ones on ebay with the yellow lettering were pretty much fakes.
      The trem is crap too... pseudo Ibanez Edge looking trem.

Regardless... what ever it is, it's not a Jackson.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Chinese copy.
        All the ones on ebay with the yellow lettering were pretty much fakes.
        The trem is crap too... pseudo Ibanez Edge looking trem.

Regardless... what ever it is, it's not a Jackson.
        +1000

Comment

The body shape looks a lot like a Kelly. The painted bolt-on neck give it away as probably not being a real Jackson. I've never seen a Jackson with a painted bolt-on neck - do they exist?

Comment

Yeah, the COW has em I think.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Commie fake. Thats not a bonified Jackson.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Yeah, the COW has em I think.
                Ron is correct.

Comment

Well it actually doesn't sound too bad, especially with the stock pickups. It squeals a lot easier than my ESP with it's stock pickups. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X