My Grover Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Grover Jackson

I had a buddy come over with his camera so I thought it was about time to snap some pics of my guitars. First up is my Grover Jackson...

This guitar was given to me buy a good friend of mine, Jim Root from Slipknot/Stone Sour. This Jackson was used quite a bit on the first Slipknot tour. You can see it on the Wait and Bleed live video and when they played on Conan OBrien in 1999. He bought this and a Jackson Stars the first time they went to Japan. It's a monster guitar and as you can see, it's had the hell played out if it...

And as you can see, it's hit the ground several times...

I'm still torn about finding a neck pickup and switch and stuff to take it back to how it use to be or if I should just leave it as it is. The only thing I did for it was install the Tremol-no claw so the trem could float. There was just a screw in the cavity blocking the trem...

Either way, it's a pretty cool ride...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Very cool! Thats a neat story to! Congrats

Comment

Great Jackson there

Comment

Nice
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

That's cool. I'd leave it as it is really. The guitar has a certain uniqueness and a personality of its own due to its appearance. You can see its history on it, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
            That's cool. I'd leave it as it is really. The guitar has a certain uniqueness and a personality of its own due to its appearance. You can see its history on it, you know?
            I'm leaning toward that. I do like to solo in the neck but this guitar really isn't made for soloing, I guess...

BTW: It's got 11-58's on it tuned to C# Drop B...

Comment

+1 on leaving it alone. A more extreme case. If someone by some divine intervention happened to get their hands on the original EVH Frankenstein, would they put the single coils back? Would they replace the broken pick guard? Would they try to fix the cig burn in the headstock? I don't think so.

Leave it. It's an interesting collectors piece and a great story.
              My gear
              87 Charvel Model 6
              86 Charvel Model 4
              93 Jackson RR EX
              93 Jackson Kelly STD
              88 Ibanez RG560
              99 Schecter Diamond C-7
              Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Very cool!! I would leave it a lone, but I love 1 Hum guitars Jack.

Comment

I've got two Grover Jackson Soloists.

Both of them have Schaller trems, though, and one of them has binding on the neck and headstock.

What do you mean the guitar is not meant for soloing? My Grover Jacksons areSHRED MACHINES!!!

EDIT: Upon rereading your post, I believe you meant that you like to solo using the neck pickup...

If this is the case, I feel the same way
                  Last edited by QuantumRider; 03-11-2007, 09:44 AM.
                  Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                    I've got two Grover Jackson Soloists.

Both of them have Schaller trems, though, and one of them has binding on the neck and headstock.

What do you mean the guitar is not meant for soloing? My Grover Jacksons are SHRED MACHINES!!!

EDIT: Upon rereading your post, I believe you meant that you like to solo on the neck pickup...

Yep, I like to solo in the neck...

Plus, Slipknot doesn't really solo, so that was another reason for that comment. But I know what you mean, these guitars are shred machines...

This guitar was also Matte Black at one time. Funny what playwear will to to a flat finish...
                    Last edited by Bengal; 03-11-2007, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Nice guitar !

Comment

I'm joining in with the "leave it how it is" crew.

Nice guitar, if it had white neck binding then it would be all that I want from a Jackson.

Comment

Yo! Leave that baby as-is w/ one PU and one Vol. Makes it look tough and a workhorse!

Comment

great story! another vote for not changing it.

Comment

Working...
                            X