Why Are DK2s So Cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayer View Post
    I would by the MF one, but I hate reversed headstocks!!
    Why don't you just buy it and trade the neck for a normal DK2M one?

Comment

I paid $500 Canadian for a 2005 NOS from Long And McQuade recently. I love it. Feels great, balanced nice and the DD pups are actually not bad. I am going to swap out the hardware for black though.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Something hit me here. The one at the local shop has the Duncan Designed pickups, yet black hardware. Like wise on the lower right corner of the guitars finished (its the Blue Flame finish or whatever they call it) are a few small Japanese characters.

Comment

i got a red one cheap and its become my number 1 ( the dust on my les paul classic grows thicker )
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            Why don't you just buy it and trade the neck for a normal DK2M one?
            Now that my friend is a fabulous idea man I should put out a feeler first, so I have someone willing to do just that, trade me neck for neck. Obviously, I would want as new a neck as possible with no wear on it, so basically, new for new Anyone? I may start a new thread for this. Not sure if Classifides or just this section? Jack.

Comment

Wait a minute, the trade neck won`t match the body as the reverse headstock ones match the body with flame on the headstock also. Also, the other guy would be getting a headstock with flames on it and it won`t match their guitar. Hmmm........... Jack.

Comment

Jack I'd swap necks with you, but I'd have to get a DK2M first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                  Jack I'd swap necks with you, but I'd have to get a DK2M first.
                  Let`s keep in touch. If the Flame one goes back down to $599 again or maybe even a Blem for $400 something, I may jump. What colored DK2M are you thinking about? I know they have natural headstocks on them and actually I like that better Jack.

Comment

Not sure but I wouldn't be worried about the ghost flame crap on the headstock. I have the complete opposite or 180 degree view that you have about the headstock. The main reason I haven't bought a DK2M so far is I been waiting out a reversed headstock version. I may pick up a blem too if they drop but I'd still get a DK2M in white or black those are the two I have on my wish list.

Comment

Hey man, if you buy both and you don`t want the DK2M neck and the Flame body and you want to sell that combo, please let me know bro Jack.

Comment

I finally got around to playing my DK2S that I got last week from Matt's. I love the neck on this thing. It seems just a bit different than my DKMGT. I am really happy they are priced well. I have just started teaching my 15 year old and he is already eyeballing the thing.
                        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                        X