New to forum, in the process of picking up an Infinity Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum, in the process of picking up an Infinity Pro

Noob intro: 80's metalhead, Army bass player into the early 90s, then EE/MBA/computer geek. Helped my little brother pick up a very nice Sunburst Infiniti Pro back in the late 90s. I saw it on consignment in a local store and knew he was interested in getting better at guitar so I encouraged him to get it. I loved the thing every time I played it, and he never got too serious about it and has reached the point that he'd rather have money than have it laying around so I'm getting it back :-).

I'll take some good pictures when I have it in hand. It matches the '92 catalog most closely since it has the diamond shaped inlays. However it does have "Infinity Pro" on the trussrod cover which only appears in the '93 catalog? I guess from the serial number he thinks it was number 62, but I have no idea what he's basing that on until I see it again for myself. I guess I didn't realize how rare this model was until I started looking for info on the internet to try to determine a price.

Now that I'm "old" I actually like the milder pickups and sound compared to a Soloist, so basically there's no guitar out there that I'm aware of that I'd rather have. I'll just need to start practicing again :-). If I ever gig again and don't want to take this, I'll probably just pick up a beater Model 6 to use since I always liked those for all-around use. I've been out of the game for a long time, but I went and saw a Winger show (insert Beavis and Butthead comment as desired) a couple weeks ago just to say I did it, and it kind of motivated me to do a bit of playing again.

Hey, from one noob to another, welcome aboard. It is a pretty friendly group here.

Is Reb Beach playing in Winger again?

Comment

Yes, Reb was with them. They played well, but there were a few inevitable sound issues that annoyed Kip, and it was hard to hear Reb very well if you weren't in front of his amp. I think it was loud enough that the sound guy had him way down in the mains.

The positives for the night were that I bought a DVD from them called "Making of IV" or something like that. For a musician it's a LOT of fun to watch. Just a bunch of fixed camera footage from them just letting a camera run while they (Kip and Reb) were working and having a good time.

The main opening band (there were three total, ugghhh) was also a ton of fun to watch if you are/were into late 80s hard rock. They nailed the sound and spirit of the era without taking themselves too seriously. They were called "Open Fire" and they play the northern Colorado region pretty regularly. I'm gonna take some musician friends up to see them again soon. And yes, there were multiple J/Cs on the stage :-)

Comment

Working...
      X