Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Truss adjustment tool for Jackson Performer

If anyone has an extra can you email me at [email protected]

Striping the nut with needle nose pliers has got to go.

Thanks, TK

I made my own out of a 9/32" socket. Drill a 1/8" hole through the sides near the back and glue(epoxy) or weld in a small rod/allen key. I welded in an allen key that fits the set screws in the floyd nut.(3mm, I think).
    Drilling the hole is the hardest part, as the sockets are usually hardened steel.

It's two tools in one and works 100%.

Comment

TK please don't tell me you have been doing that.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

just enough to get the buzz off the first fret. I know if I fool with it more I will strip it. As far as making my own tool I am no where that handy to do that.

Comment

As a temporary solution, you can just stick the 9/32 socket over the truss rod nut and turn the socket with the pliers instead of mangling the truss rod nut.

You may even find a flat screw driver that would fit snug diagonally across the hole at the back of the socket. That would be easier to turn, and no damage to anything.

Comment

Just buy a proper truss rod wrench from StewMac.
            7mm or 9/32 will work.

Comment

had the same problem just last week. heres what I used

a standard 7mm socket and I used a 6mm allen wrench to turn it.
              the socket should be short enough to fit into the truss nut cavity and still have some room for the allen extension.

crappy pic

Comment

^YES! Just what I was wondering if its possible... Good thing I did not go and buy a 7mm wrench to adjust my slsmg's truss rod I have a big socket tool set and an allen key set! must stop buying new tools that I probably will not use for anything else again.

this forum rulz!
                Sam

Comment

not a big fan of the GC but they gave me one for free.....all I did is ask if they sold them and they guy tossed one to me and here...no charge.

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
                    not a big fan of the GC but they gave me one for free.....all I did is ask if they sold them and they guy tossed one to me and here...no charge.
                    but is your truss rod nut like my slsmg's where it needs a wrench as opposed to a simple allen key? If allen key is what you want, at walmart, you get a whole set (about 20 or so) for 99 cents or something. the allen keys are a dime a dozen. the wrenches are more expensive. here, on ebay, the price was $7.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/Box-Truss-Rod-Wr...QQcmdZViewItem
                    Sam

Comment

both my Jacksons have a nut...not an allen type. The require the special wrench.

Comment

Working...
                      X