DK2M Red Ghost Flames now $599!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aerostar2005 View Post
    I got one of these about 2 months ago. I love it. A totally different sound from my DK2M's. I noticed the neck pocket issue, and all my DK (DK2,DK2M & DKGC36) series guitars have the same issue. I talked to a few people I know personally at Jackson. It's not a flaw but a design that allows the LFR bridge to remain flat, while at the same time compensating for string gauges. So that slight slant is to give you a more level playing area where the center of each string is level. I found a few more high end guitars, built for shredders to be the same way.
    It's hard to believe that they do this on purpose. They are probably just trying to pull your leg (or something else) to make up for a crappy design or outright botched guitars.
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

None of my other Jackson or charvel guitars had that issue. Ive got a bunch. If it is a feature than it must be new to the new pro series. Also, from the pics of others with this issue, it varied in severity so its hard to believe that it was done on purpose if its not consistent. I bought mine as a blem and it was flawless except for that issue. Maybe a return because someone didnt like the paint in person? I dont know. I know others have returned theirs because of this neck issue too. I mean who wants to get stuck with a guitar with this issue that may make it hard to sell down the road. If it was a new feature it should have been advertised as such.

Comment

I would buy one if I had the money.

Comment

Are they still selling the blem models?

Comment

Right now, they have for $499.99, state that it's a 'clearance' item:
            http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...mes?sku=512249

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
              Right now, they have for $499.99, state that it's a 'clearance' item:
              http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...mes?sku=512249
              Man, and I still thought 599 is a great deal.

Comment

Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I was just browsing on the Musiciansfriend site for Dk2m's (white, specifically.) I saw this one. They're still selling them, apparently... But reading this thread, it seems like there's huge issues with each one?

Honestly, it's one of the coolest guitars I've ever seen. I'd order one--but are these issues common? And if it doesn't have the 'Ships to Canada' logo thingie like some of the ESP guitars do, they won't ship to Canada?

But anyway... Is this a guitar to avoid?
                Last edited by Drazden; 12-30-2007, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Dude! I sooooo want one! Missed the closeout by a couple days!

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  Ok, heres one that I think is fairly accurate as to the coloring and all. Its hard to get a good picture of this graphic.

There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by Drazden View Post
                    Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I was just browsing on the Musiciansfriend site for Dk2m's (white, specifically.) I saw this one. They're still selling them, apparently... But reading this thread, it seems like there's huge issues with each one?

Honestly, it's one of the coolest guitars I've ever seen. I'd order one--but are these issues common? And if it doesn't have the 'Ships to Canada' logo thingie like some of the ESP guitars do, they won't ship to Canada?

It doesn't matter anymore as it looks like all of it is sold out.

Comment

• Originally posted by minh80 View Post
                      It doesn't matter anymore as it looks like all of it is sold out.
                      Seems like it. Damn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drazden View Post
                        I wouldn't say that it's necessarily to be avoided but there are some potential issues. My local GC had 4 DK2M's on the wall and all of them had the sideways neck "tilt" issue to some extent. I actually got my first DK2M out of the box and the neck was pretty much spot-on in the pocket but as I was setting it up, I found a crack in the wood by one of the trem posts in the trem cavity when I removed the cover back there.

The replacement guitar (which I requested be a new guitar and not store stock) was fine in the neck pocket and elsewhere. All I did when I got him was re-string it, touch up the intonation and adjust the pickup heights.
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                        X