Mark Morton is sexy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Morton is sexy!!!

Well, the guy's not sexy, just his guitar. Got the MM1 today from Nick (Jacksonite). Color is Old School Burst, love it! It's got a fat neck (according to Jackson's site, its profile is bigger than a PC1, but I've never played one of those). It's very comfortable, its slick ebony board looks like glass, and the two '59 pickups sound great.
    Jackson also needs to update their site, because it says it's got jumbo frets... well, this has the smaller, medium frets (like the KV2 which they also need to update the specs on). Here are some pics that Nick sent me. My camera isn't working right, so these will have to do. They look a little more red and orange than what it really is.

And here's one from DCGL's site that shows a little truer to what the color is, but mine seems to have a little more of a brownish-rust colored tint to it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

GODDAMN JOE!!!!!! That looks SWEEEEET!!!! What a quilt top and finish. How's the upper fret access?? It looks like it'd play like butter even in the upper register. We gotta put together a Tri-State JCF jam soon so we can all show off our and play each others gear....of course I'll have to bring my other guitarrist who isn't too internet savy, but plays like a mo-fo and has some really nice axes.

Great score Joe!!!!!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Very cool! A MM1 is on my wishlist.

Comment

Very nice congrats It almost looks like Violin brown in the pics . How heavy is it ?.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

a grey pubic hair on your fretboard. Man, that ain't cool.

awesome looking axe, Joe. I've been riding my local Jackson dealer about these. They've already had a couple of COWs and DK2Ms through, it'd be cool if they could get some MMs in before LoG plays in here in April.

But then I'd probably have another must-have guitar to buy.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
            GODDAMN JOE!!!!!! That looks SWEEEEET!!!! What a quilt top and finish. How's the upper fret access?? It looks like it'd play like butter even in the upper register. We gotta put together a Tri-State JCF jam soon so we can all show off our and play each others gear....of course I'll have to bring my other guitarrist who isn't too internet savy, but plays like a mo-fo and has some really nice axes.

Great score Joe!!!!!
            Thanks. Upper fret access is awesome, no problem at all. We definitely should get together for a jam.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              a grey pubic hair on your fretboard. Man, that ain't cool.
              It must be Nick's. He took those pics when setting it up. Maybe he "naturally" oiled the fretboard or something. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
                Very nice congrats It almost looks like Violin brown in the pics . How heavy is it ?.
                It's very light for mahogany... I guess probably because it's also got a chambered body.

Comment

That fugly guitar is growing on me, I saw a demo on Comcast and it was very cool, coil taps and all the knobs out of the way! Looks like a lot of thought went into it, I like it!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Congrats, and nice color choice! Mine's Wine Drunk, but the other option was Old School. Great finish, man. A very cool Jackson/Fender guy you probably know hooked me up with the autographed stuff and even arranged a phone call to talk with Mark himself about how the Dominion came to be. Yeah, a lot of thought did go into making it as versatile as possible. Enjoy yours - they're great players.

Comment

yup, it does seem to grow on you. i think looking at it from different angles add appeal. i'm so confused because i went from "you can have it" to "Now i want it". congrats ...
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Nice grab. I want one of these as well just for something a bit different.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TreeFitty View Post
                          Congrats, and nice color choice! Mine's Wine Drunk, but the other option was Old School. Great finish, man. A very cool Jackson/Fender guy you probably know hooked me up with the autographed stuff and even arranged a phone call to talk with Mark himself about how the Dominion came to be. Yeah, a lot of thought did go into making it as versatile as possible. Enjoy yours - they're great players.
                          That's awesome! Brian McD also hooked me up awhile ago with an autographed catalog as well.

Comment

Sexy ;D
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Awesome axe.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X