Was the DK27 any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the DK27 any good?

I've been wanting another different kind of Jackson for awhile now just so I have a complete set... a 6 string, a baritone, and a 7 string I was thinking about going all out and getting a CS baritone, but only god knows what the price on that will be like. So I was reading up and found out that Jackson did make a baritone for awhile, the DK27.

Was it any good? It had EMG-HZs in it which aren't that great, but how did it play?

It was pretty cheap but made in Japan I think IIRC. Never played one, but if it is nice I may pick one up when I come across one. Also was curious of the Ibanez AX110 baritone, but the Jackson looks cooler and probably a better built guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
      Was it any good? It had EMG-HZs in it which aren't that great, but how did it play?
      Later models actually had DiMarzios. I've never played one, though.

DCGL still has one with the HZs.
      http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/in...mages/2563.jpg
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is the price drumcityguitarland is charging correct? These were selling for $299 before they were discontinued.

Comment

I count six strings on that pic?
          - Andi Kravljaca -

Comment

That's because it is a 6-string. It's a baritone with a 27" scale... hence the DK "27" designation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
              Is the price drumcityguitarland is charging correct? These were selling for $299 before they were discontinued.
              Wow, they were going for that low? I guess you could always email or call them and see if they'd go lower.

Comment

Google Jackson DK-27. All the internet vendors still have links to what they were selling them for when it was a new item. ZZounds.com is the one I saw intially, but I am guessing the same MAP price as others like AMS, MF, Music 123, Sam Ash etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                  I was thinking about going all out and getting a CS baritone,
                  Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Jackson Custom Shop will no longer build CS baritone-scale guitars. I placed an order (about two years ago) and only found out 18 months later they decided to no longer do that scale length.

-PT

Comment

So what do they do these days? Sheesh.

"Welcome to the Jackson Custom Shop, please choose one of the four pre-built custom guitars you see before you. The cashier will assist you with your 2nd mortgage and the trade-in of your new Benz. Thank you and have a nice day."
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Was this the custom shop policy prior to Fender owning them?

Comment

Was this the custom shop policy prior to Fender owning them?
                        I don't think it was part of their policy. Before the buyout, if you could think it up, they would build. That's what made them "the" custom shop.

What I love about them now is their detail to customer service [insert cynical tone here]. When I had placed the CS order, they said nothing about it being an issue. 18 months later when I asked about the status on order I got "um well, er. We stopped doing baritone scales. Sorry, we forgot to tell you that." Almost two years they waited to tell me. Gotta love it!

Comment

Guerrila Pete, did they hold your deposit all that time before telling you? Sounds like you could have had some interest over the long haul there.

Comment

Guerrila Pete, did they hold your deposit all that time before telling you? Sounds like you could have had some interest over the long haul there.
                            Not much, but yes a small deposit. Not gonna bitch about a few bucks; I would rather have a CS Jackson baritone. But that won't happen. Went to ESP who were highly accommodating.

Comment

Working...
                            X